Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your worst experience in Orlando?

Gold 5 Star Member

What's your worst experience in Orlando?

Holidaying in Orlando is great - for most people. It certainly is for me, and I'm going back for the 5th time this spring. But like all places, there is bound to be the occasional bad moment - or worse - for everyone. I was just curious to know whether other people had experienced this moment of absolute despair and wondered, if only momentarily, 'What the hell am I doing here?'

For myself, it happened during my second visit in August 1995. It was an extremely hot and overcrowded Saturday at Universal Studios and I had become separated from my companions. Standing in a long queue for Kongfrontation, the ride broke down for 40 minutes. I was in the middle of a crushing queue full of yelling youngsters with tempers fraying in the heat. One or two even fainted. That was when I looked up at the heavens (all I could really see was the cieling of the queing area through a haze of foul breath) and screamed silently 'God, what kind of an idiot thought up this place?'

Well, Kong was soon repaired, the queue moved on and I not only rode on it, but even managed 'Back to the Future' twice before the park closed. By then I had had a great time with some new 'friends' that I made in the Kong queue and almost forgotten about my missing companions.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    American Customs and immigration do it for me everytime

Chrisj

Florida Expert
    The trip to the airport to fly home.[msnsad][msncry]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day, with wall to wall people, you could not move! It was absolutley horrendous.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

Holidaying in Orlando is great - for most people. It certainly is for me, and I'm going back for the 5th time this spring. But like all places, there is bound to be the occasional bad moment - or worse - for everyone. I was just curious to know whether other people had experienced this moment of absolute despair and wondered, if only momentarily, "What the hell am I doing here?"

For myself, it happened during my second visit in August 1995. It was an extremely hot and overcrowded Saturday at Universal Studios and I had become separated from my companions. Standing in a long queue for Kongfrontation, the ride broke down for 40 minutes. I was in the middle of a crushing queue full of yelling youngsters with tempers fraying in the heat. One or two even fainted. That was when I looked up at the heavens (all I could really see was the cieling of the queing area through a haze of foul breath) and screamed silently "God, what kind of an idiot thought up this place?"

Well, Kong was soon repaired, the queue moved on and I not only rode on it, but even managed 'Back to the Future' twice before the park closed. By then I had had a great time with some new 'friends' that I made in the Kong queue and almost forgotten about my missing companions.
    Not getting much time to spend in Home Depot..........[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Florida Expert
    I also agree about Magic kingdom on Christmas day. Turkey leg for lunch...never again!

Florida Junior
    Im with chris immigration never sure if I have completed the green visa waiver form in right and if I will have to do the walk of shame to the back of the room to rewrite and rejoin the Q

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by chrisj

American Customs and immigration do it for me everytime

Chris we'll have to stop meeting this way ...people will talk.......[}][)]

Florida Expert
    My worse experience....leaving and going back home!!!And when my son was 2 and 3 and not wanting to stand in the long lines at the parks!!
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Expert
    December 2002.
    A trip where we rented no car (2003 was the first time) and used the hotel shuttle to visit MGM.
    It rained, and I mean RAINED, all day.
    Very windy as well but we struggled on through the day waiting for about 5pm and our return shuttle.
    We did most of the park but we were all getting soaked apart from our 3.5 month old who we had wrapped in a poncho and all you could see was her eyes. We ended up in MGMs parking lot waiting for the shuttle, our 3 year old was shivering, poor thing.
    All soaked, still raining, wind blowing horizontal we had nowhere to hide. We squelched onto the shuttle when it arrived as did everyone.

Brizzle