Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your worst experience in Orlando?

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera

My worse experience....leaving and going back home!!!And when my son was 2 and 3 and not wanting to stand in the long lines at the parks!!
    The guy who is looking after my garden phoned today to see if I wanted him to start cutting the grass yet.....he said it was going to be in the 80s....[msncry][msncry]

Florida Savvy
    Never had a bad time yet .

Mark

http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-464.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

quote:Originally posted by chrisj

American Customs and immigration do it for me everytime

Chris we'll have to stop meeting this way ...people will talk.......[}][)]
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Having to appear in court in downtown kissimmee for not having my drivers license in the car. I wsa there 4 hours - learn the lesson!![msncry][msncry][msncry]
    Kevin

Gold 5 Star Member
    My worst experience in Florida? That would have to be the year that it was in the 40's, rain and high winds nearly the entire time we were there (in February).
    A close second would be the year we were there when the temps barely got below 100F with extreme humidity - and would you believe also in February!!

Our first ever trip to Orlando go off to a bad start when the flight was delayed '30' hours, a baggage handler had reversed into one of the engines. The replacement aircraft was damaged by the stairs, customs insisted on all cases being re-scanned as they thought it was too strange (this was in 1997). A Laker plane/crew finally took us on their rest day. We then crammed all the parks into week one by which time on the seventh day i resorted to tears, my legs were swolen still from the flight and all the walking.I had developed a hacking cough and remember walking around Splendid China nearly choking.
    But most of all i remember the first morning there having breakfast
    and looking round and thinking...........WOW I'M IN FLORIDA.......
    [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Lesley

Florida Newbie
    My worst experience would have to be taking a wrong turn while driving, we did this a few times on our last visit.

I4 exit numbers had changed on our last trip, we ended up in dodgy towns in the middle of nowhere a couple of times. Quite scary really

Our worst experience (apart from taking my mum in 2002) was the journey to Orlando in December 2001.

We'd booked a scheduled flight(s) to Orlando from Manchester, via Amsterdam and Detroit. The 09:30am flight from Manchester to Amsterdam was delayed by a couple of hours due to fog, so we finally arrived in Schiphol Airport to see our flight to Detroit take off without us.

After standing in line for nearly an hour to arrange another flight to Orlando (this time via Boston), we took off for the US nearly 5 hours after we'd intended.

We arrived in Boston and made our way to the check-in desk only to find out that our flight to Orlando (the last of the day) was actually full and that we'd only been issued with unguaranteed standby tickets.

Sitting in the departure lounge until boarding, not knowing whether we'd got seats or whether we were going to spend the night in the airport was terrible, however our names were eventually called out and we were officially given seats on the plane 10 minutes before it was due to fly. We breathed a huge sigh of relief, but then heard our names being called out again, this time to have our hand luggage searched (thoroughly).

We finally arrived at Orlando International airport at around midnight (Florida time), however, our luggage had decided to spend a little more time in Amsterdam. After sorting that out, we picked up the car (I dont know whether it was the look on my face, but it was the fastest rental car pick up I've ever made) and drove down to the villa where we were staying with friends.

The following day was spent recovering (we'd been travelling for nearly 24hrs by the time we arrived at our final destination), buying some clothes from Walmart and waiting for our luggage to arrive. It finally did at around 10pm.

And so began our holiday.
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

quote:Originally posted by mikewj

Our worst experience (apart from taking my mum in 2002) was the journey to Orlando in December 2001.

We'd booked a scheduled flight(s) to Orlando from Manchester, via Amsterdam and Detroit. The 09:30am flight from Manchester to Amsterdam was delayed by a couple of hours due to fog, so we finally arrived in Schiphol Airport to see our flight to Detroit take off without us.

After standing in line for nearly an hour to arrange another flight to Orlando (this time via Boston), we took off for the US nearly 5 hours after we'd intended.

We arrived in Boston and made our way to the check-in desk only to find out that our flight to Orlando (the last of the day) was actually full and that we'd only been issued with unguaranteed standby tickets.

Sitting in the departure lounge until boarding, not knowing whether we'd got seats or whether we were going to spend the night in the airport was terrible, however our names were eventually called out and we were officially given seats on the plane 10 minutes before it was due to fly. We breathed a huge sigh of relief, but then heard our names being called out again, this time to have our hand luggage searched (thoroughly).

We finally arrived at Orlando International airport at around midnight (Florida time), however, our luggage had decided to spend a little more time in Amsterdam. After sorting that out, we picked up the car (I dont know whether it was the look on my face, but it was the fastest rental car pick up I've ever made) and drove down to the villa where we were staying with friends.

The following day was spent recovering (we'd been travelling for nearly 24hrs by the time we arrived at our final destination), buying some clothes from Walmart and waiting for our luggage to arrive. It finally did at around 10pm.

And so began our holiday.
    Don't you just hate it when that happens!

Always fly direct - it's not fail safe but in my experience of the airline industry (20 years of it) its a good start!

Hope the rest of the holiday was good?

Julie R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our last trip where everything seemed to happen - our 9 year old cut his chin and we had to visit the medical centre ($319), a duff car from dollar (our first in years), a move to another villa after 3 days (a long story), a 24 hour delay of the flight back (found out about the delay AFTER checking all our luggage in) and the worst was hearing the screech of tyres and a loud bump which was a young girl getting knocked down crossing the road. We were travelling in the opposite direction to the incident (busy road with nowhere to stop/turn round) and heard on the news that evening that the girl was in a critical condition. Driver driving too fast to stop and who paniced and ran away from the accident but was later caught and charged.

Lesley
    Lesley