Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hurricane Ian - Potential Travel Disruptions

Hurricane Ian - Potential Travel Disruptions

Hi, we are due to fly into Tampa this Friday (just around the the time Hurricane Ian is predicted to be in full force) and we are picking up a hire car (booked through OV) for 2 weeks.

Just trying to think ahead about what we do re: car hire if our flight is cancelled/delayed or even re-routed?

I know it's an ever-changing situation however I'm not sure who we liaise with to get things sorted if and when the time comes.

Advice appreciated & stay safe everyone.

Administrator
    The car rental companies are being pretty flexible over the hurricane. I'd recommend for last minute changes, contact Dollar / Thrifty / Alamo depending on the time of day. You can also let us know, and depending on the time of day we can sort this out for you. Changing location is more tricky, but generally still possible, but you may need to rebook for the new location then ask us to cancel (make sure you let us know to cancel as far before your collection time as possible).

Thanks Roger - Tampa Airport and Alamo remain closed for today.
    Our flight is still scheduled to depart tomorrow so we can only hope and pray that we manage to get out there and pick the car up as planned tomorrow late PM.
    I guess we'll know more tomorrow AM but fingers crossed all is back up and running tomorrow if not I'll be in touch to discuss options.
    Regards, Victoria.