Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 'If you rented a vehicle from Avis Budget ......

Florida Junior

'If you rented a vehicle from Avis Budget ......

has anyone recieved a Court Ordered Legal Notice relating to Avis Budget spanning 7 years? I am treating it as Spam.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Markerhouse View Post
    has anyone recieved a Court Ordered Legal Notice relating to Avis Budget spanning 7 years? I am treating it as Spam.
    It is genuine, but don't expect anything soon, the lawsuit has been going on for a few years. If it succeeds, the payout should be just over $6 per day of hire.
    Scorpio

The law suit is settled with Avis not admitting any wrong doing but have paid $34M to stop the court action.

You need to know your hire contract details to put in a claim. Payout will be between $6 and $8 per day of hire depending on how many people enter a claim. I think the end day for entering a claim is Jan 20th 2023. There will be a payout soon after the closing date.

Owners that went out for extended stays during the 7 year period could be due a reasonable amount.

I filled in my claim when this process first started so my email had all my hire details pre filled, I just needed to sign.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Expert
    I have received 6 separate letters about it. Not yet decided whether to bother or not as it'll be quite tricky to find all the details.

Super Moderator
    We had a postcard a few years ago when the action started which gave us a member number but although some have recently received a further letter giving more details which we have not yet received. I did fill in a contact us message on the site but still waiting for a reply. I can find the back paperwork for one booking but know we had others within the time frame.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I have received 6 separate letters about it. Not yet decided whether to bother or not as it'll be quite tricky to find all the details.
    The web address is on the letter along with your claim ID and confirmation code enter those in the relevant sections then all your details should be there. Each letter has different codes to enter, we had 3 letters totalling 6 claims.
    Last edited by S&VEdwards; 09-09-2022 at 13:17.

Florida Expert
    Just had an email off pure card with a virtual Mastercard for £311 as settlement for the Avis court action, hope it works !

Likewise, I was highly suspicious when the email from Pure Card came yesterday. I have just spoken to their customer services and they said it had been sent from Angeion, so I did a Google and then realised it was about this mass claim.

So it was worth filling out that form
    Dave.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Likewise, I was highly suspicious when the email from Pure Card came yesterday. I have just spoken to their customer services and they said it had been sent from Angeion, so I did a Google and then realised it was about this mass claim.

So it was worth filling out that form
    I've had an email from WISE - acting on behalf of Angeion also - which ties up with the acknowledgment that I received when asking for the settlement funds to be paid to my UK account. £188.37 - easiest money I've ever made!!

Update - the money landed in my UK account within minutes of completing the online form!
    Last edited by mistert; 25-08-2023 at 15:55.
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Received payment on PayPal. Worth the wait.
    Scorpio