Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Paying for villa rental

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Newbie

Paying for villa rental

Hi everyone, I have found a villa that I'd like to book but I have always made my initial deposit via credit card just to get the assurances that come with it, the villa I'm looking at only take bank transfers so I'd like to know people's opinions on how risky this is.thank you, kerry

MY question would be is the villa from this site?

If so then you are unlikely to have any problems. It is very hard to get a villa on this site and all the owners have to prove that they still own the villa every 6 months.

If it's on another site then you need to ask the owners of that site what checks they do on the villas.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    MY question would be is the villa from this site?

If so then you are unlikely to have any problems. It is very hard to get a villa on this site and all the owners have to prove that they still own the villa every 6 months.

If it's on another site then you need to ask the owners of that site what checks they do on the villas.

Regards Dave
    Thank you Dave, my first response is THERE ARE RENTALS ON THIS SITE!! How have I not seen these! I'm using my mobile & have not seen these can u post me a link please.
    The one I'm looking at is from another site
    Cheers, kerry

www.orlandovillas.com is the site address
    Dawn Murray

Florida Chatterbox
    I have only ever used this site when hiring villas to Orlando. I believe over the years I have stayed in 5 or 6 different villas, with every occasion I have been more than happy with our choices. I’ve read on Facebook of other peoples disasters when they’ve booked through other sites, this is why I stick to what I know and trust.

Florida Chatterbox
    My villa is advertised on Orlando Villas and has been said I have to verify my ownership every 6 months otherwise my villa is removed from the site. The problem with accepting payments by credit card is the cost and as I only have the one villa it’s just not viable. I do accept payment by credit card through Pay Pal if that is what the guest wants but I have to increase the rental cost to cover the Pay Pal fees which is around 5%.

I would say this wouldn’t I but I think you are safer booking from this site than many others.

Florida Expert
    My villa is also advertised on orlandovillas.com As Laurel Oak says credit card bookings cost us. I take credit card bookings through my management company but I then have a charge of 10% for non-US citizens and the rental is then in US$, which is at my standard dollar rate not related to the on the day exchange rate.