Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Vacation home insurace

Florida Newbie

Vacation home insurace

Hi there,
    I live in Scotland and I own a villa in Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club in the Disney area. We have owned it for about 14 years. We try to get over as often as we can but the majority of the year it's rented out for short term rentals. My home insurance has come up for renewal and we have always used Tower Hill Insurance (THIG). In 2020 we paid $1,191 then in 2021 we paid $2,138 and this year the quote is a whopping $2,937. I have been trying to get quotes from other companies but they don't accept uk clients with holiday homes in the USA.
    So my question is - Does anyone know of any insurance companies in Florida who will insure my holiday home and send the correspondence to my UK address ?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for now.
    Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am an ex-owner so do not have any current information. However most owners on here do live in the UK so you should get some replies very soon.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

You may want to have a look at this thread.

https://www.orlando-guide.info/forum...ight=insurance
    Dave Lewis

Super Moderator
    Hi Carolyn we still own our home on Southern Dunes and have it insured with Progressive Insurance however, I am not sure if they are accepting new short term rental clients. Our insurance agent is Tina Frost and if you would like I can pass on her details to you. Our home is one of those affected by the 20 year rule and we have got to get our roof replaced this month before they will renew our insurance.

Florida Expert
    I am also with Progressive (used to be called ASI). My agent is 4cornersinsurance. They should be able to help you.
    I just got a letter about my roof yesterday, but fortunately it got replaced in March 2020 because it got damaged by a hurricane so was replaced on the insurance (bit of a cloud with a silver lining) and they are now reinstating it. My renewal is December was $2759 plus $206 for my umbrella $1m liability insurance so I think what they are asking is probably about correct with current increases.