We are almost at the end of our holiday so I thought I would write up what we’ve been up to.
I’ll start by saying although this site is more for villa hire as such, this (twice rearranged) holiday also involved hotel stays.
We originally booked our holiday in October 2019, we booked our flights with Norwegian Air for September 2020. We decided we wanted to try a Disney hotel for part of our holiday so booked a package through them which included Disney tickets and a 7 night stay at Coronado Springs. Then, through this wonderful site, we put in a request for a villa stay of 7 nights. As expected, we received lots of emails from owners offering their lovely homes, we eventually chose a villa on Sunset Lakes owned by Dave and Eli.
Then of course, came the pandemic which brought a halt to everyone’s plans.
When it became clear that we wouldn’t be travelling in September 2020, we contacted both Disney and Dave and Eli to see if we could rebook for the following year, thankfully we were able to rearrange the dates to the next year. I certainly didn’t think we would end up having to push the holiday forward another year but, of course, that is exactly what happened. I cannot thank Dave and Eli enough for their kindness in allowing us to rebook again, they also honoured the original price, which I really appreciated.
As you may know, Norwegian stopped doing long haul flights during this time and they refused to refund our flights so I managed to do a section 75 claim back from our CC company. We decided to book our new flights through a travel agency, so booked to fly with BA and included a 4 night stay at Universal Hard Rock hotel.
I’ve run out of time for now so will do another post about the actual holiday when time allows, hope I haven’t waffled on too much!!