Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our long awaited holiday! Part One.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Chatterbox

Our long awaited holiday! Part One.

We are almost at the end of our holiday so I thought I would write up what we’ve been up to.
    I’ll start by saying although this site is more for villa hire as such, this (twice rearranged) holiday also involved hotel stays.
    We originally booked our holiday in October 2019, we booked our flights with Norwegian Air for September 2020. We decided we wanted to try a Disney hotel for part of our holiday so booked a package through them which included Disney tickets and a 7 night stay at Coronado Springs. Then, through this wonderful site, we put in a request for a villa stay of 7 nights. As expected, we received lots of emails from owners offering their lovely homes, we eventually chose a villa on Sunset Lakes owned by Dave and Eli.
    Then of course, came the pandemic which brought a halt to everyone’s plans.
    When it became clear that we wouldn’t be travelling in September 2020, we contacted both Disney and Dave and Eli to see if we could rebook for the following year, thankfully we were able to rearrange the dates to the next year. I certainly didn’t think we would end up having to push the holiday forward another year but, of course, that is exactly what happened. I cannot thank Dave and Eli enough for their kindness in allowing us to rebook again, they also honoured the original price, which I really appreciated.
    As you may know, Norwegian stopped doing long haul flights during this time and they refused to refund our flights so I managed to do a section 75 claim back from our CC company. We decided to book our new flights through a travel agency, so booked to fly with BA and included a 4 night stay at Universal Hard Rock hotel.
    I’ve run out of time for now so will do another post about the actual holiday when time allows, hope I haven’t waffled on too much!!

Florida Junior
    Next Installment Please

Arriving in Orlando How was Immigration ? Car Hire ?

Florida Chatterbox
    I’ll do a more detailed post when I get home but to answer your queries… we landed about half an hour before we were due to and it seemed to catch the airport staff on the hop. It took a while before they could get the thingy attached to the plane so we could disembark. A Virgin plane landed just before us so it meant immigration took ages, we were queuing for an hour!
    We booked our car hire, as always, through this site but opted to collect it from the Disney Car Centre. We only needed the car for the last week of our holiday. It was a very quick and easy process, no hard sell for any extras and we were given a lovely Toyota Rav.
    We fly home tomorrow so when I have the time I’ll do a more detailed post.
    Hope this is helpful for you.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I've known it to take well over 2 hours through immigration so an hour is good
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    We’re in the same position…….3rd time lucky. Hopefully we’ll make it there this year ��