Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: No bar code on the voucher?

No bar code on the voucher?

Hi, we have just paid the balance for the car, with Alamo. The email voucher has come through but normally we have a one page voucher with a bar code on it. What we’ve got is about 5 pages of information, but no bar code, is this correct? Normally we go straight to the garage and get the vouchers scanned at the kiosk as we drive out? Am I missing something, it’s been a while since we’ve done this.

thanks

Diane.
    Diane.

We’ve just remembered that we have to go on the Alamo site and register for skip the kiosk, just tried this and it says our reservation isn’t eligible for this service, any ideas?
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    When we were over in November we had checked in on line with Alamo and received the bar code but it also said that the reservation wasn’t eligible for “skip the counter” . Fortunately there was no queue at the counter when we arrived so I went there and the Agent looked at the paper with the bar code and told me to go straight across to the garage.I showed the Agents at the kiosk in the the garage the paper with the barcode and was told to pick any car from the SUV line.

Thanks for this but none of my paperwork has a bar code?
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Thanks for this but none of my paperwork has a bar code?
    Have you tried the Accelerated Check In.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Have you tried the Accelerated Check In.
    Yes, I’ve done the accelerated check in and that went through fine, but what Im after Is skip the queue, we’ve always had it in the past, but for what ever reason won’t let me do it this time.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    I understand. Has your confirmation of your check in got a bar code ? If it has, then as I said that’s what I got when I checked in on line and I went to the counter and was told that there was no need for me to come to the counter and to go straight to the garage, even though when I checked in on line it said my reservation wasn’t eligible for “skip the counter “ like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    I understand. Has your confirmation of your check in got a bar code ? If it has, then as I said that’s what I got when I checked in on line and I went to the counter and was told that there was no need for me to come to the counter and to go straight to the garage, even though when I checked in on line it said my reservation wasn’t eligible for “skip the counter “ like yours.
    Thats the problem, none of the paperwork has the bar code, not the confirmation or the accelerated check in paper work, or anything else I have received. No Bar codes. Looks like I’m going to have to go to the desk, which is what I’m trying to avoid.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    It very much looks like it.

When we were over in November there was no one queuing at the counter so hopefully it will be the same for you. Have a great holiday.

So we arrived yesterday, had to confirm everything on the booking again at the kiosk, including rejecting all the ‘extras’ they wanted to add on. Generally a real pain in the bum after a long flight.
    Diane.