Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid tests to get into US

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    So we fly to Heathrow on Tuesday, 4th January and then on to Florida on Wednesday, 5th January and had booked a PCR test for Sunday, 2nd January. Is it okay to still do that?
    Assuming that your flight arrives in the US on 5th January I would imagine that you would need to show evidence of a negative test undertaken no longer ago that the day before, i.e. on either 4th or 5th January. I have to say that I don't envy you or anybody else in the same boat for the position you find yourselves in. I hope it all works out for you.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    Please let us know the outcome.
    In the end we opted for the safer option of getting tests at MCO, rather than the free version that other people have found. We were worried whether the certificate would give all the details required to check in (some of which are not obvious - the name of the physician who ordered the test??). We made an appointment and went yesterday morning. Despite the appointment, there was about a 30 minute wait to take the test, pay our $65 each (cards only), then 45 minute wait for the results, so we were at the airport almost 2 hours altogether. Directions were dire. "Just before security" - but there is more than one security check point. Allow plenty of time.

They only give a paper certificate there, not emailed, so online check in was a pain. We used the Verifly app (flying BA). We could scan and upload the certificates, which Verifly then had to review and confirm by email that they were OK.

The UK passenger locator form was also a pain, very badly designed - unlike the US online form on the way over which was integrated with Verifly and worked well. The PLF asked for evidence of vaccination (could not pick that up from Verifly), and would not accept our NHS Covid Pass directly. You could either scan the QR code (not much good if you are using a computer), or upload a file continuing a QR code - but it would not accept a file with more than one QR code - like the NHS Covid Pass!! In the end I took a photo of the part of my Covid Pass with just the relevant QR code, transferred the photo file to my computer and uploaded that, and it was accepted. You needed all that to check in. Eventually we managed to check in for today's flight from Tampa, but it took a long time. I dread to think what the queues are like for check in at the airport if someone has to go through all that for each passenger.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    As a bit more reassurance re my last.

have just read the UK Gov Info re testing it doesnt state 48 hours

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...take-your-test

It actually states;

When to take your test

You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

I actually past the free testing offer to some UK guest staying two doors away from me, as we were discussing tests yesterday.

They had booked Walgreens but didnt know if it would be free.

They are from Scotland and so they went to the one of the above 'Center for Covid Control' this morning, (1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743) four of them, all tested negative, received email within 1 hour, uploaded to Flyready and received approval within 1 hour.

He said it saved him over £120 as he had booked the Orlando airport one for $65 as a back up to Walgreens.

I will be going Friday am for my test.

Opening hours for the pop up are

Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Saturday Closed Now

Sunday Closed Now

By the way, apparently it is a container in the middle of the car park for anyone trying to find it. It really is a pop up.

Hope the above helps and add some reassurance re required Covid testing in the US

UPDATE

Well it worked for me. Free test at the Center for Covid Control' yesterday morning, (1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743) Took a few minutes to register, they scanned my passport, took nasal swab, I was away and received certificate by email an hour later.

Just uploaded to Virgins FlyReady and approved imediately.

Hope that gives confirmatiom this free service is valid for travel and you dont need to pay good $$$$'s for the same results.
    Graham

Were there long delays arriving at the airport and when you were leaving to come home?
    Angie & Davy

Florida Expert
    We leave Florida on saturday. I have booked a free test for friday, whereby someone comes to our home and does the test. I will report back once done

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    UPDATE

Well it worked for me. Free test at the Center for Covid Control' yesterday morning, (1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743) Took a few minutes to register, they scanned my passport, took nasal swab, I was away and received certificate by email an hour later.

Just uploaded to Virgins FlyReady and approved imediately.

Hope that gives confirmatiom this free service is valid for travel and you dont need to pay good $$$$'s for the same results.

UPDATE.

Home now. no problems at MCO. My docs were checked including certificate from free Covid test all ok.No delays at MCO infact it seems much slicker through security, also same at manchester much simpler process, than before. At Manchester only Passport required no docs to check.
    Graham

Thanks for sharing all your experiences, we don’t travel until March (fingers crossed) but good to read your reports. That’s why this forum is so useful. ��
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy & Arlene View Post
    We leave Florida on saturday. I have booked a free test for friday, whereby someone comes to our home and does the test. I will report back once done
    How did you get on with this Arlene?
    Angie & Davy

Florida Expert
    Everything went well. The girl turned up to our house and did our tests for the 4 of us. Got emailed certificate within the hour. However, since we had ours done, I've heard of others saying they never showed up. I think they have been overwhelmed by the demand and people have been let down. But no need for them now which is good news.

Thanks Arlene. Yes good news that we don't need to do it now.
    Angie & Davy