Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid tests to get into US

Florida Expert

Covid tests to get into US

To be able to fly into the US you need to have a covid test (either PCR or lateral flow antigen) no more than 3 days before travel and get issued with a certificate. Home tests are not acceptable unless done under video supervision by the company supplying it. We decided it was easier to get the test done at the airport a couple of days before travel.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It looks like this has just changed to within 1 day of departure.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Yes from Monday it's 1 day before departure, instead of 72 hours. Just sneaked in as flying out tomorrow
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Yes from Monday it's 1 day before departure, instead of 72 hours. Just sneaked in as flying out tomorrow
    We are flying from Inverness to Heathrow on 4th January and then to Florida on 5th January. We have a fit to fly pcr test booked on Sunday 2nd January in Aberdeen. So does that mean we can't do the 72 hours before flying test?

If we have to try and change it to 24 hours before flying, do you need to get one that gives you the results right away?

And what happens if they change the rules again. How can you keep chopping and changing dates days before you fly.

When we arrive back at Heathrow on January 27th we are booked in to an hotel for the night. Can't find any information anywhere to tell us if we can still do that or do we need to be able to get back to Inverness on the 27th instead of the 28th.
    Last edited by smiler; 04-12-2021 at 09:03.
    Angie & Davy

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    We are flying from Inverness to Heathrow on 4th January and then to Florida on 5th January. We have a fit to fly pcr test booked on Sunday 2nd January in Aberdeen. So does that mean we can't do the 72 hours before flying test?

If we have to try and change it to 24 hours before flying, do you need to get one that gives you the results right away?

And what happens if they change the rules again. How can you keep chopping and changing dates days before you fly.

When we arrive back at Heathrow on January 27th we are booked in to an hotel for the night. Can't find any information anywhere to tell us if we can still do that or do we need to be able to get back to Inverness on the 27th instead of the 28th.
    Under the new US rules you need to take the test on 4 Jan or 5 Jan. It can be anytime on the 4th, it does not have to be within 24 hours of your flight to the US. It does not have to be a PCR test - a lateral flow test (rapid antigen test) meets the requirements, so you should be able to get the results quickly. The official US rules are here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html.

When you return to England and have a long journey within the UK, you can stay at a hotel en route, but you must quarantine there if you have not got your negative PCR test result. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-q...e-quarantining

And now you have the added complication of also getting a test result in the US in the 48 hours before you fly back. We fly back next Thursday and are now trying to work that one out!

Quote Originally Posted by shockey View Post
    Under the new US rules you need to take the test on 4 Jan or 5 Jan. It can be anytime on the 4th, it does not have to be within 24 hours of your flight to the US. It does not have to be a PCR test - a lateral flow test (rapid antigen test) meets the requirements, so you should be able to get the results quickly. The official US rules are here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html.

When you return to England and have a long journey within the UK, you can stay at a hotel en route, but you must quarantine there if you have not got your negative PCR test result. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-q...e-quarantining

And now you have the added complication of also getting a test result in the US in the 48 hours before you fly back. We fly back next Thursday and are now trying to work that one out!
    What a nightmare. And it could all change again
    Angie & Davy

[QUOTE=And now you have the added complication of also getting a test result in the US in the 48 hours before you fly back. We fly back next Thursday and are now trying to work that one out![/QUOTE]

Please let us know the outcome.
    Angie & Davy

I cannot take credit for the below which I have appropriated from elsewhere but due to the confusion re covid testing in the US I wil post this for info

Having read the Center for Covid Control FAQs it seems these tests are legitimate and free. Company HQ is based in Rolling Meadows, Illinois with labs around the US including Orlando, Fort Myers and Cape Coral. Test centres:

6239 Edgewater Drive, Orlando, 32810
    1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743

2708 Santa Barbara Blve, Cape Coral, 33914
    4125 Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, 33901

829 Northwest 21st St, Miami, 33024
    7050 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, 33024

6201 Sheldon Rd, Tampa, 33615

Appointment and health insurance is not necessary, just walk-in, test is nasal self swab. All can walk in for a test, foreign nationals must take their passport as proof of ID and, I assume but don't know, for their version of fit to fly certificate/whatever they supply. LFT results are verbally given in 15 minutes with test results emailed within 3 hours. They also tests kids from the age of two.

Free Rapid Antigen test via Center for Covid Control has, so far, panned out for Andy (Dibb member), he said

Good Morning All

So me and my mother drove to Kissimmee this morning to enquire about these tests.

The testing facility itself is a small pop up centre in the middle of a strip mall car park near Dollar Tree. The lady running the centre was absolutely lovely and explained everything we had to do. She gave us a card to fill out and you scan the QR code with your phone which lets you register online. Once registered, she did the test (just a small swab up 1 nostril, she didn't push hard at all).

And then within an hour me and my mother have both got our emails confirming we are negative. The email confirmed the name and address and contact details of the facility who administered the test, our names and date of births, the time the test was taken, the type of test and the result. All the suitable details were on the email as per UK Gov guidelines.

All this cost was $3.50 in tolls to the area! Would highly recommend and glad I didn't spend $70 now!

Graham

As a bit more reassurance re my last.

have just read the UK Gov Info re testing it doesnt state 48 hours

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...take-your-test

It actually states;

When to take your test

You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

I actually past the free testing offer to some UK guest staying two doors away from me, as we were discussing tests yesterday.

They had booked Walgreens but didnt know if it would be free.

They are from Scotland and so they went to the one of the above 'Center for Covid Control' this morning, (1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743) four of them, all tested negative, received email within 1 hour, uploaded to Flyready and received approval within 1 hour.

He said it saved him over £120 as he had booked the Orlando airport one for $65 as a back up to Walgreens.

I will be going Friday am for my test.

Opening hours for the pop up are

Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Saturday Closed Now

Sunday Closed Now

By the way, apparently it is a container in the middle of the car park for anyone trying to find it. It really is a pop up.

Hope the above helps and add some reassurance re required Covid testing in the US
    Last edited by Mr G; 08-12-2021 at 19:18.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    As a bit more reassurance re my last.

have just read the UK Gov Info re testing it doesnt state 48 hours

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...take-your-test

It actually states;

When to take your test

You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

I actually past the free testing offer to some UK guest staying two doors away from me, as we were discussing tests yesterday.

They had booked Walgreens but didnt know if it would be free.

They are from Scotland and so they went to the one of the above 'Center for Covid Control' this morning, (1944 Osceola Pkwy, Kississme, 34743) four of them, all tested negative, received email within 1 hour, uploaded to Flyready and received approval within 1 hour.

He said it saved him over £120 as he had booked the Orlando airport one for $65 as a back up to Walgreens.

I will be going Friday am for my test.

Opening hours for the pop up are

Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Saturday Closed Now

Sunday Closed Now

By the way, apparently it is a container in the middle of the car park for anyone trying to find it. It really is a pop up.

Hope the above helps and add some reassurance re required Covid testing in the US
    So we fly to Heathrow on Tuesday, 4th January and then on to Florida on Wednesday, 5th January and had booked a PCR test for Sunday, 2nd January. Is it okay to still do that?
    Angie & Davy