Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US opening to UK visitors, anybody got any new information?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I doubt many (if any) will be affected by this but the new Aer Lingus service from Manchester I referred to above has now been put back to 30 September. No big surprise I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Fingers crossed Peter, are you staying in Orlando for this trip or off back to Captiva ?
    Sorry Diane, just seen this. We were planning on Orlando for August, as we may have a couple of teenagers coming along, but it’s all looking precarious now. We have to confirm finally with the Villa owner by end June so she has time to resell our dates if the corridor hasn’t been confirmed. Of course what’s likely is we will have to cancel end June but they will announce opening a week later.

If we do have to cancel we will try to rearrange to spend October in Captiva. (Which actually I think is my preferred option).
    Tonish

Looks like it will be November, official announcement to follow 😎

Florida Chatterbox
    Great news!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Looks like it will be November, official announcement to follow 😎
    Hi Diane.
    Well, finally it looks like after several false starts we are going to get away over Christmas. We have booked a villa in Orlando for a month mid December to mid January, will do Captiva hopefully in April or May.

We’re planning for everyone to join us at some point over the Christmas period - with six of us plus various partners with different work requirements it’s all a bit patchy over who will be able to come when, but over a month we should all be able to make it at some point together.

The most frustrating bit just at the minute is organising covid testing. Mrs T and I are flying from Heathrow on 18th December. I have booked flights for my daughter and her friend from Leeds on 27 December. But with the requirement to have a Covid test no more than three days before, it means their test and results have to be done and received on Christmas Eve. That is proving difficult to organise to say the least.

But we will get there in the end I hope! If we have to, I will extend our stay. As long as I have WiFi it really doesn’t matter anymore where I am, so I plan to spend a lot more time in USA.

Hope your plans are working out. It would be nice to meet if ever our trips coincide.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    That sounds very exciting Peter.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who would love to hear how it all goes in due course. I'm still slightly hesitant about returning in the foreseeable future so anything you can share would be valuable to me especially as I know you are somebody who will provide a balanced account.

Either way, have a great time.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have booked flights for 2nd to 23d December. I had no idea who to books covid tests with there are so many companies out there doing it. Have booked one now but still looking for the Day 2 test for our return landing on Christmas Eve is going to be a problem. Looking forward to seeing my Villa again.
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    That sounds very exciting Peter.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who would love to hear how it all goes in due course. I'm still slightly hesitant about returning in the foreseeable future so anything you can share would be valuable to me especially as I know you are somebody who will provide a balanced account.

Either way, have a great time.
    Thanks, I will definitely give you feedback. We’re really looking forward to getting away, it has been way too long.
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    We have booked flights for 2nd to 23d December. I had no idea who to books covid tests with there are so many companies out there doing it. Have booked one now but still looking for the Day 2 test for our return landing on Christmas Eve is going to be a problem. Looking forward to seeing my Villa again.
    Hi Lyn
    I just wanted to make sure you are aware that Home tests are not accepted for entry into the US unless they are done under video supervision. We are currently here and had a lateral flow antigen test done at Gatwick Airport on the Sunday and flew on the Wednesday. It cost us £35 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Thanks, I will definitely give you feedback. We’re really looking forward to getting away, it has been way too long.
    We will be back in March 2022, will do a trip report for you. We will be heading over to the gulf for a long overdue visit.
    Diane.