Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing terminals LHR

Thanks for that, hadn’t considered that option.
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another option if you aren't returning to LHR Diane is to rent car and drive down overnight and leave it a Heathrow. We did it as a family a few years ago and it worked out well. Several of the car rental firms offer very good special rates as they want cars returning to the airport and it's cheaper for them to rent them out than to transport the cars. I happened to look at Enterprise recently and saw a 24 hour rental of just £1 from Lancaster. I'm not saying that you will always get that rate but it might be worth considering.

The problem is Phil will possibly ( if working from home stops ) be travel down from Aberdeen the night before we fly, his train usually gets in around 9.30 pm. He will then need to come home to drop off his work bags, then pick up the luggage and travel down to Heathrow. He will of been at work from 7 am in the morning so then driving down to London is a big ask, even if I drive, it still makes for a long day. He can’t take the day off, so we are trying to figure out the best option. Flying down from Manchester seemed to be the answer, but now I’m not sure. I did speak with Virgin customer service who told me 2 hrs 50 is fine, but if the BA flight is delayed we will be snookered.
    Last edited by Madabouttigger; 19-08-2020 at 16:50.
    Diane.