Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balance payment for villa

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    Jill. just a quick observation re guests changing dates. Can they book any date say in the next year or are you allowing for any rate difference - if for example if they wanted Easter next year would you let them have it for say the March rate they've already paid??

I only ask because there is a "price difference" due to the airlines depending on season etc so why should villas be different?
    All our guests involved in wanting to change are looking at similar times for next year and are all regular repeaters. We have been mulling over what to do regarding charging them increased rates but will probably only increase the fee by a nominal amount for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    All our guests involved in wanting to change are looking at similar times for next year and are all regular repeaters. We have been mulling over what to do regarding charging them increased rates but will probably only increase the fee by a nominal amount for them.

That's very fair Jill.

Florida Expert
    We are saying that there is a price increase in 2021 prices and depending on what time of year they want to move to, there maybe an increase, our May guests want to now go at Easter 2021 and have agreed to pay the increase. Think they are happy just being able to move dates.

Florida Chatterbox
    We decided to honour the same price for rescheduled bookings, unless a guest wants to reschedule to the peak Christmas or Easter periods, in which case the peak rates would apply. So far every guest has accepted the offer and not cancelled.

We have not increased rates for 2021, at least not yet. We think cash will still be very tight, although no-one can predict what is going to happen, so we'll keep it under review. We offer rates in £ as well as dollars (also euros and Canadian dollars), and we may have to tweak those if our non-dollar rates get too out of kilter with the exchange rates.

DiAne did you manage to sort it? Below Ian the advise I have given to our guests that had paid and all but one managed to get their costs refunded

So my suggestion is that your claim through your travel insurance for consequential loss through flights being cancelled due to the FCO warning of not travelling to the USA

All insurances should pay out if they are not or being awkward so I recommend to put in a complaint followed by taking them to the finacial ombudsman

I hope thats of help

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Hi,

just to add some feed back from my experience. We were due to Fly out at 10.30am, as the boarder closed at 5.30am that morning. So far Virgin have agreed to give us a full refund on our flights, but these are taking approx 100 days to process, so we haven’t got the money back yet. The villa was paid in full, and in line with the cancellation terms, we were not entitled to a refund. We were fine with this as we assumed we could claim on our insurance, taken out with the post office, under written by tifgroup. When I put in a claim for the villa costs, it was pointed out to me that the policy stated we were covered for cancellation, the small print specifies due to health, injury, illness or death. NOT the fear of an epidemic, pandemic, infection or allergic reaction. So we could not claim back on the insurance. The villa was paid for via PayPal, so I could not claim back from my bank, or credit card. This is not a complaint, Just advice to be aware of the small print of your insurance policy, and if you can, pay for your villa by credit card so you don’t fall into the same home we did. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, this web site has given me so much excellent advice over the years, I hope this is giving some back. We will be going back to Florida as soon as it’s safe to do so, but I will be more cautious on how I pay for the various elements.

Diane.

Sadly, my insurance refused to pay out as we were only covered for cancellation due to death, injury or illness, Jury Service or being called as a witness, Redundancy, being called home by the police or the requirements of HM forces. This was all in the small print, on the Product Information Document it stated - If you are not able to go on your trip, so foolishly I didn't pick that up. But then again, I wasn't expecting a global pandemic!
    Diane.

Florida Expert
    The villa owner we have rented from this time has allowed us to hold onto our balance payment until we are 100% sure we are able to travel.

he won't refund the deposit which is fair enough but won't allow us to carry the deposit over to a later date next year as he has said, like others have here, that he still has overheads and may have been able to rent to a Florida or US resident who could have travelled.

Florida Expert
    Gutted, BA Cancelled our return flight from Miami to Heathrow at the end of last week and today cancelled our whole booking.

We were resigned to the fact we may not be going, but it's still a wrench when it's confirmed.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    Gutted, BA Cancelled our return flight from Miami to Heathrow at the end of last week and today cancelled our whole booking.

We were resigned to the fact we may not be going, but it's still a wrench when it's confirmed.
    When were you due to fly? We're still hoping for end of October with BA.