Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balance payment for villa

Florida Chatterbox

Balance payment for villa

We are due to pay the balance of our villa in 2 weeks time. What would villa owners advice be ? Due to fly end of May, don’t want to loose villa & deposit but its a lot of money if ban still in place ? Would owners take balance nearer the time or is that unrealistic ? Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    We are due to pay the balance of our villa in 2 weeks time. What would villa owners advice be ? Due to fly end of May, don’t want to loose villa & deposit but its a lot of money if ban still in place ? Would owners take balance nearer the time or is that unrealistic ? Thanks

I guess it’s down to individual owners but I’m being flexible and allowing guests to pay balances up to 7 days before the rental commencement in order to assist guests in this difficult situation we find ourselves in.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I think I would say they would have to be prepared to loose their deposit, would have been paid prior to all this Covid 19 stuff so would be covered by insurance. You will have already paid out from this if booked through this site for referral fees.
    My end of May guests cancelled prior to paying balance as the dad worked in the forces and leave had already been cancelled by then.
    My end of April (US guests) have moved to August dates.
    If travelled was allowed at end of May I would let them pay up to a couple of days before
    Christine

Florida Expert
    We are doing the same as you Laurel Oak x

Super Moderator
    We are also allowing our guests to pay a week before departure or to defer to a later date.

Florida Junior
    Do NOT pay the balance .

Why ? .... you will not be Flying anywhere till at least August .

Do Not Cancel airline Tickets .... yet.

Why ? If Flight Cancelled you should get your money back ( sometime please wait )

You should get money back from Airline or Via Credit Card .

You Should have taken out Travel Insurance which might allow you to get your deposit back

Explain to the Villa Owner Why you are NOT paying Final Balance EVEN if they give you New booking Date

Remember the Villa Owner will also Out of Pocket so be polite.

The Villa Owner MIGHT not be the owner of the villa NEXT Year as they might sell up soon

Hi,

just to add some feed back from my experience. We were due to Fly out at 10.30am, as the boarder closed at 5.30am that morning. So far Virgin have agreed to give us a full refund on our flights, but these are taking approx 100 days to process, so we haven’t got the money back yet. The villa was paid in full, and in line with the cancellation terms, we were not entitled to a refund. We were fine with this as we assumed we could claim on our insurance, taken out with the post office, under written by tifgroup. When I put in a claim for the villa costs, it was pointed out to me that the policy stated we were covered for cancellation, the small print specifies due to health, injury, illness or death. NOT the fear of an epidemic, pandemic, infection or allergic reaction. So we could not claim back on the insurance. The villa was paid for via PayPal, so I could not claim back from my bank, or credit card. This is not a complaint, Just advice to be aware of the small print of your insurance policy, and if you can, pay for your villa by credit card so you don’t fall into the same home we did. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, this web site has given me so much excellent advice over the years, I hope this is giving some back. We will be going back to Florida as soon as it’s safe to do so, but I will be more cautious on how I pay for the various elements.

Diane.
    Diane.

Super Moderator
    We were due to fly with BA on 17 May but for once booked it as a BA holiday to include car hire and short hotel stay to fit in with our overall plans. We were not surprised when we received an email saying it was cancelled as the May flight had be cancelled. Two days later we were told that a refund for the full amount was being processed so not to call BA. Decided to give it a couple of weeks before chasing how long refund would take but was very surprised to find it back on our credit card 5 days later. In our case full credit to BA for prompt repayment of the total amount paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    We are also allowing our guests to pay a week before departure or to defer to a later date.

Jill. just a quick observation re guests changing dates. Can they book any date say in the next year or are you allowing for any rate difference - if for example if they wanted Easter next year would you let them have it for say the March rate they've already paid??

I only ask because there is a "price difference" due to the airlines depending on season etc so why should villas be different?

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    Jill. just a quick observation re guests changing dates. Can they book any date say in the next year or are you allowing for any rate difference - if for example if they wanted Easter next year would you let them have it for say the March rate they've already paid??

I only ask because there is a "price difference" due to the airlines depending on season etc so why should villas be different?

If my guests change dates to next year then the new rate will apply