Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancel Car Hire due to Corona Virus

Cancel Car Hire due to Corona Virus

Can any one tell me if I can claim for my car hire back from Alamo or do I need to claim on my travel insurance? Should be flying out Tuesday but sadly had to cancel due to Corona Virus.

Thanks

Diane.
    Diane.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Contact them direct you may still be able to cancel. I know my sister cancelled on the day in the past
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    Contact them direct you may still be able to cancel. I know my sister cancelled on the day in the past
    We’ve emailed but no response possibly because it’s the weekend? Did she get a full refund?
    Diane.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I believe so, it was when the snow came just before Christmas one year
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry to hear about your situation Diane.

It appears that the travel industry is still formulating its response to the US travel ban and I'm sure Alamo will eventually announce what they are going to do about affected reservations. What I would advise is that if you eventually have to claim on your insurance you can evidence the fact that you have sought to cancel at the earliest opportunity (which it seems you have already done).

Administrator
    If you booked through us then you can certainly cancel for a full refund. If you have already emailed us, we have been working around the clock for the past 2 days processing cancellations and refunds, so I apologize if we've not got to your email yet. We do generally respond within a couple of hours, so let me know if you do not have a response by the morning.

This is bound to be a nightmare for you Roger. It could last for months, best wishes for you as you deal with it.
    Tonish

That’s guys for your responses. It’s good to see you all on here again, it’s been a while .
    Diane.

All sorted, thanks Roger, appreciate its a difficult time.

Diane.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    That’s guys for your responses. It’s good to see you all on here again, it’s been a while .
    It has indeed, feels like meeting an old friend again! Glad to see you’re still enjoying your Florida trips. We haven’t been since September 2018 I think. Kids all grown up and working, it’s been impossible to get a time when we can all get together for a holiday. I tried to organise a couple of times but ended up having to cancel in the end. It’s thrown us out of our routine and Alison and I haven’t yet figured out what to do instead. We went on our own the last time, first holiday together with no children in maybe 25 years - we were both a bit nervous about it, but it was great.

We are looking to do it again maybe this September, or try for a big family one over Christmas. We’ll see.
    Tonish