Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancel Car Hire due to Corona Virus

Florida Savvy
    I have a slightly different issue.

I am already here and after 2 cancellations am hopeful of a flight home tonight. I will be taking my car back to Alamo a week early. I assume there is no issue with this?

Thanks

Administrator
    That's fine. Unfortunately the car rental companies don't refund for unused days, but they won't penalize you for doing so, provided the depot is open and you are able to return the car. If you return and the depot is closed, you can drop the car off and there should be a clearly marked key drop-box to deposit your key.

Florida Expert
    Hi, we may need to cancel our car hire for the end of April, would it be best for us just to get a cancellation or can we transfer the money due back to another booking that we have later on in the year, have paid for some of this but not all.

Administrator
    It's difficult to move money from one booking to another, so I'd recommend cancelling - you will receive a full refund. If you email us with your order number we can arrange this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley S View Post
    Hi, we may need to cancel our car hire for the end of April, would it be best for us just to get a cancellation or can we transfer the money due back to another booking that we have later on in the year, have paid for some of this but not all.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    It's difficult to move money from one booking to another, so I'd recommend cancelling - you will receive a full refund. If you email us with your order number we can arrange this for you.
    Thanks, will do as soon as our flights our cancelled...

Refund Deposit?

Hi Roger can we get a refund if we’ve just paid the deposit or do we have to pay the full balance even if we’re not likely to go? Our balance is due to be paid as we are booked for 3rd June but it seems unlikely.
    If you booked through us then you can certainly cancel for a full refund. If you have already emailed us, we have been working around the clock for the past 2 days processing cancellations and refunds, so I apologize if we've not got to your email yet. We do generally respond within a couple of hours, so let me know if you do not have a response by the morning.

Or maybe we can move the deposit to next year if that’s an option?

Administrator
    We always refund all payments made, whether you've paid just the deposit or the balance, as long as you cancel by 2 days prior to collection.

Or, you can move your dates to new dates in the future (at whatever cost the new dates are, so the balance may be adjusted depending on if the price goes up or down). If you are unsure of new dates, you can use estimated dates, then adjust again later, or cancel later.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvillas View Post
    Hi Roger can we get a refund if we’ve just paid the deposit or do we have to pay the full balance even if we’re not likely to go? Our balance is due to be paid as we are booked for 3rd June but it seems unlikely.

Thanks a lot Roger I’ll look at moving the dates to next year 🤞

We always refund all payments made, whether you've paid just the deposit or the balance, as long as you cancel by 2 days prior to collection.

Or, you can move your dates to new dates in the future (at whatever cost the new dates are, so the balance may be adjusted depending on if the price goes up or down). If you are unsure of new dates, you can use estimated dates, then adjust again later, or cancel later.

Florida Expert
    I have emailed UScarhire today, to make a cancellation of our booking. We were waiting for the Travel agent to contact us as we are going to book for next year, but decided it might be easier just to cancel the booking and then rearrange it once we have new dates.