Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Corona virus

Hi all, we are dur to fly out to Orlando on Tuesday. My niece will be travelling with us, and is having a massive wobble about going. I intend to travel unless the foreign office says otherwise. My question is to anyone currently out there. Are there signs of panic buying in the shops? Are there any food shortages? What’s the general mood out there around CV19? Any advice or comments appreciated.
    Diane.

We are here now in Kissimmee and it's not too different really. Everything is going as normal and apart from some buying toilet rolls the only shortage is hand sanitizer but dollar stores have all you need.
    Mind you this may change in near future.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    It can't be any worse than the slightest mention of a hurricane, water disappears very fast then. That's probably what I would get first and enough for the duration of the holiday
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    We are due to fly on May 31st. The villa payment is due end of this month and I don't know what to do. If I pay then with 60 days to go there is no refund. If I cancel I will get my deposit back less 250 dollar fee. If I pay and trump extends the flight ban to the UK then my travel insurance will not cover the cancellation. I really want to go but 5000 pounds is a lot to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    We are due to fly on May 31st. The villa payment is due end of this month and I don't know what to do. If I pay then with 60 days to go there is no refund. If I cancel I will get my deposit back less 250 dollar fee. If I pay and trump extends the flight ban to the UK then my travel insurance will not cover the cancellation. I really want to go but 5000 pounds is a lot to lose.

I feel your pain. We are still planning on travelling but will be keeping an eye on how this all pans out.
    Diane.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Why will your travel insurance not cover cancelled flights?
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    It's not the flights they won't cover, ba will cover that if they cancel. The insurance wont cover any cancellation costs if the reason for the cancellation is because the USA bans UK flights. They will only pay cancellation if I am I'll or the foreign office say it's not safe. At the moment things are ok but very possible the Trump will stop flights from the uk if things get worse in which case they will not cover.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    I feel your pain. We are still planning on travelling but will be keeping an eye on how this all pans out.
    If the flight goes ahead we will go, I am not worried about going only about not being allowed to go

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    If the flight goes ahead we will go, I am not worried about going only about not being allowed to go
    yep, agree completely 😎
    Diane.

Just read that Disney have closed the California park until the end of the month.
    Dave Lewis