Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: orlando to Toronto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Junior

orlando to Toronto

Hi

My wife and I are going to Orlando in September next yearand have the opportunity to go to Toronto during the trip for a sporting event.
    My question is when we go to orlando from UK we fill in agreen form and it is processed by immigration on arrival and they know when weleave.
    When we go to Toronto will it be classed as leaving theUSA and then re-entering as a new entrant even though we have a return ticketand we are traveling out on the morning and returning the same day. Will we will have to fill in another greenform when we return.

I understand we will have to get an eTA visa to enterCanada.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Graham,

You no longer fill in the green form. You will have a valid ESTA and that is all you need and you will be processed accordingly by immigration in Orlando. I believe you will need to complete the Canadian eTA which will allow entry into Canada. When you leave the USA to go up to Toronto you will have left the USA and enter Canada. Similarly you will leave Canada when you fly back to Orlando and be processed by US immigration as returning to the the USA on your valid ESTA. If it’s the same as the last time I flew from Toronto to Orlando US immigration process you at the airport in Toronto so you arrive in Orlando as a domestic arrival.

Hope that makes sense.

May be doing the same thing myself if I decide to go over to Florida in September otherwise we will just go over to Toronto for a few days and take in the game.

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thanks for the reply Laurel. Didn't realise you do not fill in green form now are all your details linked to your passport now?

Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the reply Laurel. Didn't realise you do not fill in green form now are all your details linked to your passport now?

Graham
    All your information is on your ESTA which includes your passport number etc. You no longer need to complete a customs form when entering Orlando you just present your passport to the Immigration Officer.

I’m assuming you are going up for the Trinity game.

Ian

Make sure you apply for your eta's through the official site which I believe is this one https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ . There are a lot of rogue sites out there that look official and add on a processing charge.

Florida Junior
    Hi

Yes Ian we are going for the Trinity game. We were going to Florida later in the year but decided to go earlier when fixtures were released.

Thanks Florida4sun we have the web site from the last time we visited in 2017 for the ESTA

Graham