Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Heathrow to Miami with BA

Florida Chatterbox

Heathrow to Miami with BA

Hi, I have just booked flights for next year and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice.

I have booked into the premier inn on Bath road the night before.

Do they have a business service where I could online ckeck in and print boarding cards off?

Has anyone stayed here and used the hopa service to get to terminal 3? is it busy and likely to be full to the point of having to wait for the next one. This would be at 7 am on a Sunday morning at the end of May? or would I be better to just have a taxi?

Do BA have a night before check in service?

Has anyone used the airporta service where they collect the bags the night before and take care of everything until you collect them at your destination?

Thanks for reading and any answers or other advice would be most welcome.
    We have flown this route before but usually from manchester with a change at heathrow. this is the first time direct from london as the wife decided she would not do plane changes again. I have not even decided yet on how to travel to london from Cheshire so any tips on that would be most welcome. Not driving and parking though.
    Last edited by vickk; 22-10-2019 at 12:20.

Florida Chatterbox
    Well I thought I might have had a few replies. Where is dad's taxi when you need him lol

Super Moderator
    Sorry you have not had any replies nor can I really be much help. We have not stayed at this hotel as think it is outside the free TfL bus routes so you would then either have to use the Hoppa or a taxi.

BA normally allow you to check in 24 hours in advance so am wondering if it would be possible to do this before you leave home. Not certain that BA have twilight check at Heathrow for Miami flights and when we have flown this route in the past have never found any details for it.

Our son lives in Sheffield and often books trains to London well in advance to take advantage of low rate fares. He gets a better rate than we do if we were to try and book same length of time out.

I have stayed at that hotel a few times. If they don't have a printer, they will print from front of desk if you email the documents. That said why waste all that time and effort when you can check in for free online and have your boarding pass on your phone. The app gives you all the info you need, gate numbers, were your bags are etc.
    I have used the bag collection service once but I feel much better knowing I have checked my myself and its just another bunch of folks throwing luggage around. If you check in online or through the app it is simply a matter of bag drop.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for the replies. Regarding boarding passes on the phone, my wife does not have a smartphone so both would on my phone. Would this be ok and how would it work in practice?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You can easily print the boarding passes yourself at the airport and still do online check in 24 hours prior to flight. We always do this on our return flight
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    You can easily print the boarding passes yourself at the airport and still do online check in 24 hours prior to flight. We always do this on our return flight
    How would I do this, does it not mean going to check in

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    How would I do this, does it not mean going to check in
    Before you get to check in there are areas to print boarding passes, generally no queue at these. Also means you can use bag drop if you dont get them picked up in advance. I find I use my suitcase if I stay somewhere the night before anyway
    Christine

I was going to suggest the same thing. Use a phone (or even the hotel's PC) to check in online 24hrs before your flight, then print your boarding passes at the airport if needed.

FYI, you can save both boarding passes to one phone if you only have one between you. Personally, I like to print a boarding pass if I'm checking luggage to stop them sticking your luggage receipt to the back of your passport.
    Tony G