Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Connection at JFK

Florida Chatterbox

Connection at JFK

As anyone who has recently had a connection at JFK New York can say how long it took to clear Immigration and Customs and get to the gate for the connecting flight.

We were to connect through Atlanta but the flight time changed giving only just over an hour which is not achievable so we have been offered New York bit the connection time is under 2 hours which still is tight to me. We flew into Orlando last week from Manchester and flights from Gatwick and Mexico City had arrived before us and we were over an hour just clearing immigration.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Orlando is definitely the worst airport for immigration. Has always been quicker at any other US airport and I think I've been to at least 5 different ones
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    Seems a bit tight for time. We had 2hrs 43mins between landing at Terminal 4 and departing from Terminal 5. Just made it, with only a quick toilet stop on the way. They were boarding when we reached our gate. The JFK immigration hall was packed and it took ages to get through.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Seems a bit tight for time. We had 2hrs 43mins between landing at Terminal 4 and departing from Terminal 5. Just made it, with only a quick toilet stop on the way. They were boarding when we reached our gate. The JFK immigration hall was packed and it took ages to get through.
    The minimum connection time at JFK for international to domestic connection is posted at 1 hour and 15 minutes but I cannot see that being achieved unless there is only 1 flight in the Immigration hall. If a few flights arrive together there is no chance we will make our connection. As it’s the last flight of the day we will be stuck in JFK and hoping that Delta can rebook us the following day on the first flight or we will miss our cruise.

I think our best bet is to fly out a day earlier and stay overnight at JFK.