Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Clarification please?

Florida Savvy

Clarification please?

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a recent thread.

What is the difference between a Standard car and a full size car?

I don't remember seeing both categories in the hire lot. Just intermediate and full size? I always use Alamo.

Thanks for your help.

Administrator
    The Standard is typically a VW Jetta, whereas the Fullsize is typically a Ford Fusion.

Florida Savvy
    Roger, thanks for the reply.

I understand what you are saying as that’s what is shown on the quote. However my experience is that when you get to the actual car hire location they don’t seem to have the same titles. At Tampa for instance there is only full size and in Sarasota (where they allocate you a car) the next level up from intermediate is a Nissan Ultima which is full size?

Florida Savvy
    Has anyone on here booked a Standard car recently? If so what cars were they to choose from?

Many thanks

I had a Chrylser In Jan with Alamo but no idea what model it was. On uscarhire it shows an example of a 200 and pretty sure it was the same . I just grab the first car I see and go. I mostly book a full-size and the last 3 times I've got a minivan. Obviously not guaranteed but there were quite a few in the full-size row at MCO. Best is too simply book the size you need, anything else is a bonus. I have never had a 'bad' car.