Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dollar Express kiosk

Florida Expert

Dollar Express kiosk

For several years we have been Dollar Express members and have had our membership linked to our car hire booking and gone straight to the Dollar kiosk in the car park rather than queing at the Dollar desk in the airport. On our last trip we were told that this was no longer possible unless you book directly with Dollar and officially they should send us back to the Dollar desk to collect our paperwork! They did let us use the car park kiosk on that occassion but said this would not be allowed in the future.
    Has anyone else experienced the same?
    Denise

Florida Expert
    Yes we have on the last two visits and they said the last one was defo the last time as they were been taken over can not remember who by, they said we would have to go to the regular desk and wait in line, they told us the same that you can no longer link the express card to it, thats why we like Alamo but cost wise Dollar is much cheaper, we have left it as long as e can and they are still cheaper so it looks like i will have to go to the desk, lets hope no hard sell!!

Florida Expert
    Roger, have you been advised that Dollar Express can no longer be linked to UScarhire bookings?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't know anything about this specific issue but I am increasingly seeing this type of approach by companies in all aspects of travel. Airlines and, in particular, hotel chains are restricting award reward points, complimentary upgrades and other perks to those who book direct with them. I see it as an attempt to deter customers from taking advantage of more attractive offers from third parties.