Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: C1D VISA vs ESTA

C1D VISA vs ESTA

Hi. My son is a maritime engineer and has a C1D Visa which allows him USA entry. He will be coming on holiday with us and I’m not sure if we now need to apply for an ESTA as this trip won’t be work related. I can’t seem to find an answer online, has anyone any experience of this?
    Tonish

C1D is only used if you are arriving and departing within 29 days on the same military vessel/aircraft. Im no expert but a military friend said that is what they are used for.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    C1D is only used if you are arriving and departing within 29 days on the same military vessel/aircraft. Im no expert but a military friend said that is what they are used for.
    Thanks for the response, I figured it would be something like that so we sorted an ESTA for him anyway. I couldn’t find any clarity online.
    Tonish

Im always wary of giving VISA advice as what works for one, does not necessarily work for others. Hence the lack of clarity. Everyone is an expert when their visa works for them. Me included I'd say you did the right thing. If in doubt visa a waiver and wear a Mickey T Shirt on at the border.