Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 2 Stops via Brussels

2 Stops via Brussels

My son has decided to join us on our 2019 trip to our second home (well it feels like it). Unfortunately, he has had to take flights using 2 stops as it is £200 cheaper. His first leg of the journey is Edinburgh to Brussels, and he has 1hr 40mins to complete the transfer from his arriving flight to departing flight. Can anyone advise on how long the transfer will take from his arriving flight to his connecting flight? Is there enough time for the transfer, and what terminals will his arriving and departing flights be?

TIA
    Last edited by BIGEYE; 09-02-2019 at 06:09.

Florida Junior

Assuming the ticket is booked as a ‘whole’ . Then you have enough time. If the flights are independent tickets and you have to collect luggage and I would be concerned.
    Remember if the journey is booked via one airline. Then they have to allow you enough time. If flights are seperate bookings it’s on you. I have only been caught out once by this and it was through Brussels. I booked through Expedia and did not notice the flights were not booked as one.
    If I remember correctly the longest journey between gates is around 40 minutes by foot including a 10 minute shuttle transfer.

Thanks, the flights were booked 'as one'. However, they are different airlines, Brussels Airlines into Brussels, and United outbound to Newark.

Probably a code share/partner airline.

Brussels Airlines and United are both part of the Star Alliance.
    Dave Lewis

Cheers guys.

Florida Junior
    His luggage ( Hold ) should be booked to final destination so all he has to carry is Himself and hand luggage + Duty Free

( Bought in Brussels Airport in his 1 hour + transfer time )

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    His luggage ( Hold ) should be booked to final destination so all he has to carry is Himself and hand luggage + Duty Free

( Bought in Brussels Airport in his 1 hour + transfer time )
    Wouldn't luggage only go to first US destination as you have to do immigration and customs there - as last flight would be an internal one
    Christine

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    Wouldn't luggage only go to first US destination as you have to do immigration and customs there - as last flight would be an internal one
    Correct And any Duty Free Liquids bought in Brussels Airport & carried as hand luggage onto trans Atlantic flight will

have to be Re Packed into Suitcase before next Flight