Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Running

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Chatterbox

Running

Any runners on here ?

Staying at Emerald Island and looking for a 6 _ 8k run, anyone know of a good route ?

thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    Wow 335 views and no replies !!??? Come on Orlando Forum experts, I rely on this site for best advice !!!!!!!

No-one is going to answer unless they can answer you question. To be honest the area is not that friendly for runners. You simply don't see folks running, mainly due to heat, humidity and safety. Most folks will go to local parks and some have running tracks but they are not 8k long, so you will be running around in circles. I certainly would not run out on the side of public roads. I work with band and we often tour Florida. Some of the guys like to run everyday and they usually study google maps the night before. I no longer run so out of touch but even when I lived there running a distance was problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Wow 335 views and no replies !!??? Come on Orlando Forum experts, I rely on this site for best advice !!!!!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi to the 1534 viewers I had for this post, I have been to Emerald Island and felt very safe running around there, ran between 7-8am the perimeter of Emerald is 3k so twice round was 6k, plenty of streets to turn into so not boring. It was lovely running there, there were few runners out, few dog walkers, gardeners were about, lots of squirrels and spotted a raccoon ! Watch out for the sprinklers though, shower from the waist down !! Hope this is helpful, let me know if anyone does this, thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Donny.

I'm not a runner, nor am I on EI, so can't give you any local advice.

But I do know that the parkrun up in Clermont is a nice one, along the waterfront. That might be a good place to start for more local knowledge. And if you have a local parkrun bar code it should work up there, which is kinda cool to get a Clermont time on your stats.
    Steve