Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: ESTA situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Chatterbox

ESTA situation

Does anybody know the present situation regarding online applications for ESTA's. I have read that due to the US government shutdown situation the online website is no longer manned and that all applications are just sat in a pipeline to be processed if and when the dispute is resolved, which Trump claims could last out the year. I have been on the website and all it says is that online applications will no longer be done in real time but it still only advises the 72hrs timescale.

The situation, as seen on many forums, appears to be the same as before. Applications processed sometimes immediately and sometimes "pending" the becoming "approved" within hours or minutes in some cases. The 72 hr queries arose because some folks were applying for ESTAS at the airport and airlines had not been notified that a valid ESTA was issued so problems for some folks.

In order to process and notify the airlines of ESTA status the system needs at least 72hrs so that's where this came from
    My advice would be to apply for ESTA long before you travel - that way you still have time to sort any probs/apply for visa etc.

Florida Chatterbox
    So you are not aware of the news reports that say the website is unmanned and will remain so for the length of the US shutdown.

Yes, I've heard those reports but I can only say what I know - my family applied at 11am today and were approved immediately. The ESTA syatem is not "manned" as such and only human involvement comes when something is "flagged" and needs some more checking.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    Yes, I've heard those reports but I can only say what I know - my family applied at 11am today and were approved immediately. The ESTA syatem is not "manned" as such and only human involvement comes when something is "flagged" and needs some more checking.
    Hi, Just wanted to update you and thank you once again, we did our ESTA's the other day and all were approved within 15 mins

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you so much for that up to date information. Puts my mind at rest somewhat.

Great news and thanks for coming back to let us know how it all worked out.
    Glad we could help