Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Lawyers (EB-2 Visa)

Florida Newbie

Immigration Lawyers (EB-2 Visa)

Hi - has anyone any experience of gaining an EB2 visa and, particularly, any experience of using a company and/or law firm to acquire one?

Paul
    Over fifteen years without a slogan
    www.pauljohnsonrogers.com

Florida Savvy
    EB-2 foreign nationals generally must have a job offer.

Your potential employer must complete the Labor Certification process on your behalf.

However, if you can demonstrate that your entry is in the National Interest, the job offer and Labor Certification requirements may be waived... i.e. you are internationally known..

Florida Newbie
    Hmmm! There are certainly a number of options, but a definite 'job offer' would make life much, much easier!
    I might be wrong, but I believe there's also a self-certifying category outside of the NIW scheme that doesn't require an offer of employment (although this might be EB1 only). Clearly, it's a tremendously complex business; there are loads of immigration consultants eager to take thick wads of your money, which is why I wondered whether anyone had actually used one for this route. You can't beat a word of mouth recommendation...

Florida Savvy
    Yes the EB-1 Extraordinary Abilities visa is maybe the one you are looking for ..most Immigration lawyers could handle that I would have though..but it would really be down to the evidence you suppy
    if you don't have a Nobel prize you would need 3 of the following:

has performed, or will perform, a lead or starring role in productions or events that have a distinguished reputation;

has achieved national or international recognition for achievements;

has performed a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation;

has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes;

has received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in the field in which the alien is engaged;

has commanded or now commands a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in the field; or

other comparable evidence (this typically includes recommendation letters from experts in the field).

(And have no drug convictions)

Very few are ever issued..

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for that - EB1 might be worth a try, but I still think EB2 would be more appropriate. I guess I'll just contact a few immigration lawyers at random and see what they offer for their fee. Thanks again, Ray.

Florida Savvy
    Here's a couple of London based US Immigration lawyers
    http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/
    http://www.usvisalawyers.co.uk/

Florida Newbie
    Well, it's several weeks later: we've now taken the plunge and hired a company to advise on and administer our immigrant visa application - don't yet know what category they're going to suggest. They reckon the whole process could take anything from a few months up to two years or more, but obviously they'll be better placed to advise us when they've gone through our application in detail.

Wish us luck! Anyone who's interested, we'll keep you posted...

Florida Savvy
    Umm!!! you say a company to advice and administer.. hopefully you mean a proper lawyer and not something like Visaplus ..and others like it.

Florida Newbie
    Just came across this - can't believe it was nearly ten years ago! Well, a (belated) update: EB1 was the way to go, although we settled not in Florida but in Missouri. A beautiful place, a quick flight to Florida (it's even drivable), good schools and lovely people.
    Many thanks to everyone here who so freely offered advice and encouragement. It's worth following your dreams!

How lovely to hear you are following your dreams. Missouri is one of the states we have yet to visit.

Liz