Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long rental 28 days plus - Florida

Florida Junior
    I too have used Alamo from Tampa for more than 30 days on several occasions and I too was confused by the 30 day date on the form and told 'just ignore it, we know when you are returning the car' just as No Shoes has said. Just one of those little quirks in car rentals!

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    7th.
    Soddit.............
    Went into Hilton Alamo on 192 to "renew" contract as insisted apon by clerk @ SFB....
    Total waste of time - guy looked at back of contract & said valid 'till 12th :-(
    Would now suggest a quick 'phone call would suffice (if even necessary ???)
    Here is the reply I received from Alamo when I asked for clarification.

Dear Mr. Russell,

Thank you for contacting Alamo Customer Service regarding your current rental agreement. I want to personally thank you for your loyalty as an Alamo Insider member. My name is LaNeka and it is my pleasure to assist you today!

I received your message and I am sorry to hear of the issue as described. Upon reviewing your reservation I show you are currently under a long term reservation to end November 01, 2018. Please do not worry the locations system will automatically renew your rental agreement after the 30th day. Please allow me to explain.

When a reservation is confirmed for more than 30 consecutive days the system will generate a new rental agreement after the first 30 days. There is no need to contact the location unless you intend to keep the vehicle passed the date displayed your reservation. Note, additional periods will be listed on the reverse of your rental agreement.

I truly apologize this was not explained and that you have been awaiting a response to extend when there was no need to do so. I have noted your rental agreement for the location and you are all set to enjoy the rest of your rental term.

If you have any additional questions or concerns; please feel free to contact us again. Our Ft. Lauderdale agents look forward to your return November 01, 2018. Safe travels to you and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    LaNeka
    Alamo Email Customer Service Representative
    Jim