Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dollar & Tolls

Florida Newbie

Dollar & Tolls

Could some help me with some answers please.
    We are coming out at the end of June next year and Dollar is coming up around £100 cheaper then the rest but noticed that they charge a high fee for the Tolls if you go though the automatic lanes.
    1. I can only see us using the Tolls from MCO to Champions Gate and back and then when we go down to Kennedy Space Centre does anyone know if all these Tolls take cash or are some not maned.
    2. Is Dollar planning on puting in Kiosks is it just line up at the counter even with Express.

Thank You for any answers

Simon

Florida Junior
    Forget Sun Pass ........ CASH is KING

Go into CASH LANES ..... AVOID .. just driving through & NOT PAYING

Florida Newbie
    Hi Cork

Thanks for replying to me - Cash it is just didn`t want to hit a unmaned toll and pay their rather hi admin fee....Will book the Suv today.

Simon

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi, sorry for butting in but I have a similar question as Dollar are quite a bit cheaper than Alamo for Miami next May. The only tolls we go through will be from the airport until we get on the Tamiami trail over to Marco. However there are no cash pay options on these tolls, we have no option but to drive through. Are Dollar significantly higher fees than Alamo?

Simon, the first toll you come to between the Airport and Champions Gate (a trip I've done several times) is unmanned and cash payment is by COINS only, so if you're not taking the express lane option, you'll need some coins. It's only about 75c, but I can assure you that throwing a dollar bill in the bucket doesn't work!!

From memory, all the tolls from Champions Gate to Kennedy Space Centre can be paid with cash, although on our last few visits we have hired Alamo and used the express lanes on the toll roads, so I am happy to be corrected.
    Last edited by Dads_Taxi; 01-10-2018 at 17:21.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Hi, sorry for butting in but I have a similar question as Dollar are quite a bit cheaper than Alamo for Miami next May. The only tolls we go through will be from the airport until we get on the Tamiami trail over to Marco. However there are no cash pay options on these tolls, we have no option but to drive through. Are Dollar significantly higher fees than Alamo?

Have you looked at US41 ? We used it (many many years ago) albeit not directly from the airport.
    Wilf & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    The chart is here:

https://www.sunpass.com/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

There are differences but quite honestly when you consider the overall cost of a Florida holiday these days the fees are pretty insignificant and wouldn’t be my primary consideration in choosing a rental company or rate.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    Have you looked at US41 ? We used it (many many years ago) albeit not directly from the airport.
    Hi, the Tamiami is the US41 that we use. The direct route from the airport takes us through 2 or 3 auto tolls. We once set the sat nav to avoid tolls and it was a nightmare route through the back streets and we eventually gave up and went back to the toll roads