Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Recommend a golf course?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recommend a golf course?

Looking to get a round in next week. What course would you recommend? I normally play at Kissimmee Golf Club.

Other half is wanting to come too, she is willing to drive the buggy so just me playing, and a hire of clubs is essential. Hopefully it is OK for her just to drive the buggy round.

TIA

Florida Savvy
    Played this one a few times - it's about an hour's drive from the 192 area but worth the trip. Usually pretty quiet, often times we've had the course to ourselves. Watch your back though, lots of wildlife about including the snappy type!
    http://www.deerislandcc.com/
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx

Super Moderator
    Southern Dunes is a good course plus you can get a drink/meal in the clubhouse afterwards https://www.southerndunes.com/golf-course
    Last edited by Jill; 29-09-2018 at 00:57.

Gold 5 Star Member
    So looking forward to it Jill. Peter loves playing at Southern Dunes.
    Christine

Florida Junior
    Take a look at Highlands Reserve on Hwy 27 ........ near / on the same side as Berry Town Center .

Or Further down Hwy 27 & Beyond Southern Dunes try Green Leaf

Sorry guys I am only getting back on this now.

I've played at Southern Dunes before, and I actually probably should have went there again to be honest.

I initially went to check out (my self-proclaimed home club), Kissimmee Golf Club, only to find it locked up and a do not trespass sign at the entrance. Could see the grass surrounding the club house overgrown. Very sad as I had played there several times before back in 2015 and before, and it was a great course and well priced.
    I later read that some management company had gone bust, the same one that managed this course and several others. I couldn't find for sure why the club closed, but have a feeling it may have been to do with lack of management company at short notice, and a change of actual course management.
    It is strange because their Facebook, website and any google searches all have no mention of the fact they are closed up.

Anyway, I settled to play at Shingle Creek (part of the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel) on I-Drive. Ended up being about $105 for 18 holes with club rental. To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with this course.

Hopefully next year with a car for the entire vacation duration, I'll be able to visit some of the clubs posted above.
    Last edited by LFCGeorge; 18-10-2018 at 19:11.