Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Savvy

Favourite Golf Course?

What is everyones favourite courses out in Florida?

have to say mine is Falcons Fire.
    It was the first course i ever played out there, and it is also the closest course to where we stay, Disney All Star Hotel.
    I think also its because its the first course we play whenever we go out there so, when i am standing on the first tee, i know i have most of my holiday still ahead of me!!

Have also played Mystic Dunes, Shingle Creek, Disney's Palm, Lake Buena Vista, Magnolio and Eagle Creek before it was closed down.

Next year i am going to play Diamondback, Hunters Creek, Osprey Ridge at Disney (to complete the set), both Champions gate courses, Eagle Creek, Southern Dunes and to to it off Sawgrass Stadium Course!!

Roll on next November!!

We are near Falcon Fire golf course and most of golfing guests use and as you said it is very good .
    Other golf courses such as Kissimmee , Marriotts which has been designed by Nick Faldo so you have a few choices in Florida .
    Enjoy your next game there .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

What a tough choice. I used to think Falcons Fire was top quality until I played Celebration & Harmony. Diamondback is a little scruffy but a wonderful challenge. If you beat your handicap there you have done well.

Legends on H27 is a challenge as it is one of the few courses I have played in Florida that has elevation changes. I am also looking forward to playing both Championsgate courses, Reunion are good but tough and expensive.

Whatever the course, golf in Florida is great value compared to the UK and, it's generally sunny!
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Not yet found time to play in Florida.[msnsad] But a few years back played three courses in and around New Orleans. Two old one new.
    The new one was called Pelican Point near Baton Rouge. Good course but the Americans called it Links.
    Have to say they wouldn't know a Links course if it jumped up and kicked them[msneek].
    Although the weather was great you just cannot beat Royal Birkdale,Royal Lytham,Royal Liverpool,Hillside,S&A,St Annes Old Links,Formby,West Lancs,Etc[clap][clap] But thats another debate[msnwink]
    mike

Florida Savvy
    MarkJan - Yes its definately nice to golf in the sun wearing shorts and t-shirts in November, which is when i go to Florida.

Especially leaving temporary greens, winter tees and horrible muddy fairways at home for courses where the ball still flies in the warm air, greens that roll true and great weather!!

Legends is another course i am looking to play next year. although not sure if the missus will let me get another round in!!

Hubby has been playing at Providence for the past few weeks - cost anything from $12 - $20 including cart!!!! Of course now the 'season' has started the fees have now all gone up to anything between %45 -$150 on various courses! He played Ridgewood Lakes last week which was $40. It's nearly killing him after playing for an average of $15!!![msnwink][msnwink]

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    I have to say the best course I have played is Southern Dunes. It is not a biased view just because my villa is there either.

The design is very, very good and is how a course just be judged, first and foremost. The condition of the greens can have an effect on your days golfing but they can be good one month and not so good the next but design is permanent. I have just come back after playing 4 rounds with 7 golfers all 28 handicappers (I am 7). They loved Southern Dunes and said it was the best course they have ever played. We played Harmony and Legends but then they wanted to play Southern Dunes again. I played in August on SD 5 times with varying standards of golfer and all the single figure players raved about it. We are not talking about value for money here as there are some great deals to be had. it is best course you have played in Florida. Sawgrass has got to be on all golfers wish lists.

Not played Falcons Fire but have heard it is very American (if you know what I mean). Some Americans I have played with say Orange County is good.

I have played Diamondback many times, Ridgewood Lakes, Bridgewater, Hunters Creek and one or two others.

How do they rate with British and Europes courses? I have played Royal Lytham, Woodhall Spa, Belfry, Forest of Arden etc etc. and all I can say is they are different but the best course I have ever played without a shadow of doubt is Monte Rei in Portugal. Knocks spots off San Lorenzo and the other top sopts in Portugal.

I have played over 250 courses and would rate Southern Dunes in my top 10 maybe even top 5.

Mike I take it you are from West of the Pennines? In the North of Leeds we have some top notch courses too and they all just about meet with each other. Alwoodley (superb), Moortown (held Ryder Cup), Headingley, Sandmoor, Moor Allerton, Cobblehall etc. etc. Golfers paradise, just no sun[msncool][msnsad]

Florida Savvy
    southern Dunes is on my "to play" list for next November (ahh that sounds so long away...[msnsad])

Off topic, i played Vale do Lobo, all of the courses in Vilamoura and Quinta Do Lago a few years back, and Quinta Da Lago and Vilamoura Old Course were absolutely fantastic.

But back to Florida, i know what you mean about Falcons Fire being very american. its feels like a stadium course as allof the holes are desinged to keep the ball in play, by way of large mounds, and it is always immaculately kept.
    For me, living in Kent, i am used to links courses and parkland courses, which is why the courses in the states are refreshingly new. Its great to play on perfectly manicured fairways and greens, as sometimes the courses over here can be a bit unkept!

Playing in Florida makes me feel like i am playing a tournament course on TV, as the courses are kept so well. that's probably why i enjoy it so much. I put golf in florida on an equal par with the theme parks!!

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Anthony.

Yes, you guessed correct I couldn't agree with you more, they are also fantastic courses[clap]

I played 2010 course at Celtic Manor (next years Ryder Cup venue) a while ago. Very American, "Water, Water, Everywhere" but a great layout.

But give me a "true" links anytime[msnwink][msnwink] Birkdale, wind off the beach, Driver on par three's[msneek][msneek]
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Anthony Brook

Mike I take it you are from West of the Pennines? In the North of Leeds we have some top notch courses too and they all just about meet with each other. Alwoodley (superb), Moortown (held Ryder Cup), Headingley, Sandmoor, Moor Allerton, Cobblehall etc. etc. Golfers paradise, just no sun[msncool][msnsad]
    [/quote]

Cobblehall?? Really??

My 2nd hole in one was at Headingley, 17th hole. 8 iron was thrown into the field behind, never to be seen again!!! Great course, tough track.

Celebration for me, loved the layout and how it meanders through the $1,000,000 houses!!

Looking forward to playing in February.
    Garry Pullan