Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Best way to pay balance £ or $

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire

Best way to pay balance £ or $

Can I clarify the best way to pay for US car hire?

I paid deposit with a UK GB£ card and received a bank charge for a foreign currency payment. It wasnt much but made me think Ill pay balance in US$

The price is shown in US$ I thought I would pay the balance with my US account debit card but guess what I received an international transaction fee even though it stated US$ and I paid in US$

Please can you clarify how payments are taken?
    Graham

I´ve used Dollar Rent a Car booked through Florida Car Hire for the last few trips and noticed the amount was in US$ unlike Alamo which has always been in sterling. I used my Santander Zero credit card to make payment as it has no international transaction fees.
    Jim

Administrator
    If you book Dollar or Thrifty with us then this is always taken in US Dollars (we do also show the approx £ amount next to the prices).

If you select Alamo or National then you can choose US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.

All payments are taken by a UK merchant service, so if your card is not a UK based card then depending on your card company, there could potentially be a foreign transaction fee.