Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Worrying CBP Email, Anyone Had Experience?

Worrying CBP Email, Anyone Had Experience?

We arrived home on June 10th, and a couple of days ago two of our party (of 15) received this email:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Traveler Status Notification

StayCompliance-DoNotReply@cbp.dhs.gov
    13 Aug 2018, 05:34
    to DAVE

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) hopes you have enjoyed your stay in the United States. As a reminder, temporary visitors must comply with their terms of admission, and depart the United States on or before your admit until date. Our records show your admission will expire within the next 10 days.

You can visit https://I94.cbp.dhs.gov for additional information regarding your I-94 (Record of Admission), your admit until date, and other frequently asked questions. You will need your name, date of birth and passport number to access the information.

This sort of implies to me that they think I'm still in the USA with time running out.

I followed the link and entered my details and was pleased to see that the records show me leaving Orlando on June 9th 2018. In fact it showed my arrivals and departures for our last three trips.

So my question is - has anyone else had this and should I do anything?

Thanks,
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    I keep checking back in case someone has answered this.

Me too !
    Dave.

I emailed CBP, and received the following reply:

"Response Via Email (CBP Officer) 08/16/2018 10:49 PM
    Thank you for contacting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Traveler Communications Center. CBP will notify you via email if your recorded date of departure from the United States occurs after the "Admit Until Date" you were given by the CBP officer at the U.S. Port of Entry when you entered the United States. If you believe you received this email in error and you did not overstay your period of admission, please reply to this message with a summary of your previous travel to the United States. Please include your full name, date of birth, passport number, the date you were admitted into the United States, and your departure date. Also send a photo of your passport’s biographic page and one or more of the following:

• A photo of any pages of your passport that contain entry stamps from other countries that occurred after your most recent admission into the United States (please provide a full-page image);
    • Evidence of Satisfactory Departure (under 8CFR217.3 (a)) provided by USCIS/CBP (please provide a full-page image);
    • Boarding pass or travel reservation showing when you departed the United States;
    • Dated evidence that you were not physically present in the United States at the time of the recorded overstay, to include employment records, school records, court records, or official government documents."

​So, if I have interpreted this correctly, I don't need to take any action unless I get the email saying I have outstayed my welcome. I have my fingers and toes crossed that this email doesn't turn up.
    Dave.