Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Airlines

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I don't think that is an "anorak" point. We usually travel as a threesome with our autistic daughter and hate 2.4.2 for the same reason - we want to sit with her between us and not have a stranger next to us. Ok on a short flight but on long haul it can be a real pain if they want to tell you their life story while you are trying to watch a film.
    I was being a bit self deprecating with that remark Gerry. The fact that I know such things does rather make me sound a bit if an anorak!

I think this is answered, but I'll throw my bit in too.

Basically, what Katy's Granddad said!!

We booked flights with BA, but the carriers were AA outbound and Aer Lingus homeward bound. I was able to use the reference codes on all three sites and select seats, and a nice chap at Aer Lingus was able to talk to me about our flights using the original booking reference (a BA reference) too.

You would check in with the carrier - in our case AA going and Aer Lingus returning.

My only words of wisdom are regarding entering APIS details - American Airlines just kept scrambling my info. If you think you've done it, leave the website, log back in and check it is still there, it was a total mess for us, resulting in ridiculous conversations at the check-ins about having too many infants (outbound) and not enough infants (inbound) !!

Enjoy.
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks everyone for the comments, I think I am pretty much ok with things now.

Dad's Taxi, I remember your trip report about AA and your problems. It's one of my concerns using AA.

Florida Chatterbox
    Just wondered if any of you know if BA offer a night before check in or bag drop at Manchester airport

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Just wondered if any of you know if BA offer a night before check in or bag drop at Manchester airport
    Think Thomas Cook and Thomsons do a twilight check in but don’t think BA do.

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, have booked my flights today and everything went through as had been advised regarding the seat reservation on the AA section. The only thing I have not seen yet is anywhere on the AA site asking for api. It's clearly marked on the BA site

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    The only thing I have not seen yet is anywhere on the AA site asking for api. It's clearly marked on the BA site
    Go to your booking on aa.com and under the name of each passenger there is a link "add/edit passenger information" which you need to complete. Although it is not actually titled 'API' that is the information that AA submit for the purposes of API

Florida Chatterbox
    The only thing I see on the AA site is asking for day of travel contact info. The only flight in the trip that is done by AA is Miami to London, so would they need api. It's clearly asked for on the BA site. Just a side note on the day of travel contact information on AA , despite filling it in, the next time I go on the site it is highlighted in red asking for the info again

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm pretty sure that API is required for all flights to and from the UK but at this point I think I have to say that I don't know enough about how it works to comment. It might be that BA, being the outgoing and booking carrier, are required supply the necessary information for all flights in the itinerary but that's no more that 1 of many possible explanations. All I can say is that of the very many multiple carrier transatlantic trips I have made with AA/BA over 20+ years I don't recall ever having to provide the information to more than 1 airline.

Perhaps a quick call to BA would resolve it?

Florida Chatterbox
    OK so now I have logged on to AA site rather than following the book seats link on the BA site and can see where KG refers to, so I assume I will have to fill these in as well as on the BA site and that the API from BA site will not be auto linked.

The worrying thing after DT's comments is that every time I have logged into the AA site the day of travel info that I have previously put in has vanished and I am asked for it again.

Dads Taxi , you said this happened to your API info, did you ever get it sorted or an explanation from AA as to why it happened?