Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Virgin Atlantic Credit Cards

Gold 5 Star Member

Virgin Atlantic Credit Cards

Does anyone else currently hold/use the Virgin Atlantic Visa/Amex credit cards?

I got a letter from MBNA recently saying that the MBNA/Virgin partnership was ending. It was all a bit vague and didn't go into many details - the main detail missing being whether these cards were being replaced by any others?

It seems that they are, but this time issued/operated by Virgin Money. Details at: https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cr...rds/vaa-cards/

If you hold the current MBNA cards it's likely that the Virgin/MBNA agreement prohibits Virgin from marketing you for their new cards.

The benefits look very similar so if, like me, you want to keep earning Virgin miles it's going to be up to you to apply for the new card.
    Steve

Yes, I thought the same. However, not sure they will approve me to hold both - credit checks etc + I pay the annual fee to get the double Virgin miles and don't want to pay for two cards, so I am waiting to get the promised letter before I cancel my current card and apply for the new one. Hopefully the letter will give details of when/if I will stop getting miles on my spending. Looks like the changes don't happen until late June.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Cheers KG - Good reading!
    Steve

Florida Expert
    Yes I received the letter and I seen the above info, still not done anything as yet though although its looking like I will apply for the new virgin card.

I applied for the Virgin Money credit card yesterday - completed the online application and got accepted immediately with a similar sort of credit limit as I have on my MBNA Virgin Atlantic card.