Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dollar vs Alamo

Dollar vs Alamo

It looks like Dollar is coming out quite a bit cheaper for our trip in a couple of weeks. We haven’t used them for years and heard not so good things about them. Can anybody give us feedback good or bad please ?

We always use Dollar and find them fine. Choice of car at orlando int and no problems having used them a dozen times or so.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We used Thrifty - Part of the Dollar group and all handled from the same desks at Orlando MCO.

You get to select your own car from the pool you booked. We had a year old nissan note, good condition with 29000 on the clock.
    Can't complain with the car, albeit we did have a wait of 45 minutes when we arrived. Which when looking at all the other car hire companies was good. Alamo/enterprise queue was a lot longer!
    Wilf & Sarah

We've been here for 6 weeks and have been hiring cars on a weekly basis while we look to buy one of our own as we are now spending around 5 months a year here. Have always used Alamo but this time Dollar was coming out cheaper so opted for them. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and collected the car with no wait time at the rental counter. Went to the garage and were able to choose our car from lots that were available in the same way as we did with Alamo. Currently have a Grand Caravan GT with under 5,000 miles on the clock, built in sat nav etc. Last week we had the new Chrysler Pacifica with under 10,000 miles on the clock. To be honest I`d have no hesitation in going with the cheapest company for the type of vehicle you require. This one is due back at West Palm Beach on Tuesday but hoping to take delivery of our own car by then. If there is a delay in picking up our new car and I need one for another week then I can´t see any real difference between Dollar and Alamo and will go with the cheapest option.
    Jim

We had used Alamo for years but Dollar worked out cheaper for us last November when flying into Tampa. We had previously registered online with Dollar Express and were instructed to go straight to the garage where we would be given a key. The car we were offered had 35,000 miles and a strange musty smell. We were not happy as we we had booked it for 8 weeks. We went straight back to the kiosk where we were then offered a brand new Kia, Optima with only delivery mileage. We were told it had been reserved for a customer who had not collected it. If you are not happy with an allocated car it is worth seeing what other options they have.
    Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    We had dollar last september and we were allowed to pick our own car. We have gone with them again this year as it was over £100 cheaper and offered the 2nd driver free when we booked

I always book whichever one is cheapest out of Dollar and Alamo. I have not seen any diffeenc ein service or quality. Both are excellent and I alove the fastrack to car they both offer for free.

I haven’t noticed any difference at all. Just looked at my US Car Hire account and we have ordered 17 cars since 2012, 3 from Dollar and the rest from Alamo. We used Dollar a lot before 2012 but the records aren’t on my account. I can honestly say that the experience has been the same regardless.

I should add that we have used this site to book for many years because the service has always been faultless and the price always the best. I have checked the costs against others on many occasions and always found this site to be the cheapest. Given the service they have offered and the speed of response to any issues (never the fault of this site), I can’t imagine us booking through any other provider.
    Last edited by Tonish; 29-03-2018 at 21:25.
    Tonish