Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Run Disney

Florida Chatterbox

Run Disney

Has anyone done the January Run Disney marathon, 1/2 marathon, 10k or 5k ? Just looking for any hints tips ?

thanks

Administrator
    My daughter, Charlotte, is doing the Disney half marathon this Sunday. Can't really offer any tips, but I know she's been practicing for a few weeks, gradually running a bit further each day. She's a bit of a fitness fanatic although doesn't generally run so she's a bit worried about it. I think the 5:00am start is worrying her more though. Also, it cost her about $400 to participate, which I think is very expensive, then it's about $100 per spectator to be anywhere near the finish line.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for that, I read on the Disney site it was $189 ! I thought that was steep !

Although im no runner these days. Bulking up on carbs works. I used ti mountain bike and if teh Maxim powders still exists they use to help me immensley, easily adding 25% more stamina. Start loading a few days before.
    Funny story we were on a flight back after the Marathon in Jan. There was a woman dressed up in full running gear & tracksuit and these huge medals x 3 hanging around here neck (the size of a dinner plate). She spent most of the time prancing up and down the isles like a spring deer. I usually keep my head head down but she was really annoying me and everyone else. So I get up to wait for the loo and sure enough she's out of her seat and trotts on the spot right next me. So I ask her politely 'what on earth are on you doing'. He reply was 'cooling down from the run'. I just cracked up. Im guessing she just wanted folks to ask about her medals. Very odd.