Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Mobile Passport App

Mobile Passport App

Any one any experience of the Mobile Passport App? We will be flying into MCO, first time in ages, it looks like we can use it there. I would be interested in knowing how good / bad it is?

Diane.
    Diane.

I've had mixed results. t was great in Miami but not so good at MCO but I think that was an off day for border patrol. Its definitely worth trying. Fill all your details in on the airplane then head for the dedicated booths. Global entry is way better but certainly worth a try and you might be pleasantly surprised. Nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Any one any experience of the Mobile Passport App? We will be flying into MCO, first time in ages, it looks like we can use it there. I would be interested in knowing how good / bad it is?

Diane.
    Last edited by florida4sun; 04-02-2018 at 21:09.

Diane.
    I’ll be interested to know how you go on with this Diane. Anything that gets you through MCO faster has to be worth a try!

Hi Diane, I thought this was for US and Canadian citizens only (so far). Has it been extended to UK?
    Tonish

Good point it is for currently for USA and Canadian citizens. I tour manage a group of 8 American musicians. Half have Global Entry/TSA Pre and the other half use the app. At Miami both came through in about the same time. At MCO Global Entry won hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Hi Diane, I thought this was for US and Canadian citizens only (so far). Has it been extended to UK?

Well I’m glad I found that out before I tried to register!😉

You don't register for it. Simply use the app but obvoilsy nly good oif they roll it out. On another note they are still doing interveiws for Global Entry at the London Embassey, straight forward process. You end up with Global entry and TSA Pre. So generally less than 5 mins to clear.

Well I’m glad I found that out before I tried to register!

We found it great to fly from the UK via Dublin, the Immigration there was fantastic and we then exited MCO via domestic so avoiding that nightmare. Will definately do it that way again.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    We found it great to fly from the UK via Dublin, the Immigration there was fantastic and we then exited MCO via domestic so avoiding that nightmare. Will definately do it that way again.
    There was a lot of talk last year about extending that system to Manchester and Edinburgh but it seems to have gone a bit quiet ever since. I agree that it makes things easier and quicker and I have also found that fares from Dublin are often much cheaper. I’m flying to the Far East on Monday from there and have saved hundreds of pounds by doing so even taking into account the cost of positioning.