Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK Long Connection

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Nice to see you back on the clock Garry. When are you going?
    Evening Dave

Thanks, good to be back and back on the clock!

We go mid August for 3 weeks.

New York for a day
    Miami for 2 days
    Davenport villa for 2 weeks
    Sanibel Island over night
    Miami Beach for 2 days
    New York for a day
    Home!!!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Just a final thought on your plan Garry.

As there's 6 of you, the 30 minute ride LIRR train fare will be over $120 return (cheaper at weekend with City ticket) so that is actually more than a pre-booked private car/van to take you door to door in both directions avoiding the need to get the Air-train to Jamaica station in each direction and then getting from Penn station to and from your hotel. If you wanted to, you could also avoid the cost and time of using the baggage store that way.

I used to travel to JFK regularly and used a long established and 100% reliable car service to and from Manhattan that I have recommended to several forum members in the past and always had positive feedback.

Just PM me if you want the details.
    I like the idea of that!

Get a return mini bus with all the luggage at arond 5:30pm with a midday return the next day.

Planning on Empire State Building and Times Square in the evening and Statue of Liberty early the next morning.....then a bite to eat and mini bus to the airport.

We'll do Central Park on the way home.

Cheers
    Garry Pullan

Make sure you book the Empire State. Otherwise the queue is around the block....

We used the New York Sightseeing pass in November. You can choose the number of sights you want to see. We did Empire Sate, open top bus and MOMA (husband is very keen on art - not everyones taste) and pay one, overall price.
    We only saw the Statue of Liberty from the 'main land' as it does take a while to get the boat out and back and if your time is short you may not be able to fit that in.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We were in NY 3 months ago and went out to SoL and Ellis Island (which I thought was better).

Statue of Liberty entry MUST be booked in advance.

The whole process is quite long with TSA style security before you get on the boat out there. You then have to go through screening again before you can enter the SoL. All backpacks must be left in lockers.

If you're there early it may be a bit better but check all the times as this is not a quick trip.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Sanibel Island is beautiful, if you enjoy wild life try the boat tours at Tarpon Bay, we did the evening tour and watched the sunset from the boat, plus all the birds coming in to roost. the Historical village is also worth a trip.
    Diane.