Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Package delivery to villa

Florida Newbie

Package delivery to villa

Hi there! Does anyone know if it is okay to have a package delivered to your villa during your stay? Are there any special instructions or should I just use the address that is on my contract? Thank you.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    It will depend on who is delivering. Lots of villas do not have post boxes so you cant get a delivery by the mail service. Delivery companies are OK. Best to ask your owner
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    As an overseas owner no mail is delivered to my post box otherwise I guess it would overflow with junk mail. On the odd occasion I required a package delivered I had it sent to my MC who then passed it to me.

As Christine has said check with the owner.

Best way to handle delivery is to use a signed for service and make sure you are there for day of delivery. This will work whether or not the villa owners has activated their mail box. Simplist option is too have it delivered to the MC or use a lock local lock box service.

Quote Originally Posted by Marciacrga View Post
    Hi there! Does anyone know if it is okay to have a package delivered to your villa during your stay? Are there any special instructions or should I just use the address that is on my contract? Thank you.

We do have an "active" mail box (the black box on a pole at the road side in the front of the villa) and often have small items (DVDs, curtain hooks, etc) delivered to our villa by the postal service. However in the weeks before we arrive I always put a mail hold on so that any items I order are held until the day after we arrive. You need to check the owner does not do something similar if they will be in the villa in the month or so after your stay.
    On occasions larger items have been left in the porch - it would depend on the delivery company and whether or not it needs a signature.
    Alternatively our Management Company does have an office and is always happy to take packages for us or guests. Again you would need to ask the owner about this and mark the address on the order as a business address so that they deliver in normal business hours and not too early in the morning.
    Gerry and Sue

When we were there in November I picked up a set of motorcycle engine parts for a work colleague who’s into racing . I got him to order and pay for the parts from the nearest dealer so it was just a case of picking it up.

My daughter ( a tattooist ) also ordered 3 hoodie tops that can only be bought in the US, had them sent to a nearby Tattoo shop which were only to happy to keep for her , picked them up also with no problem .

Don’t know if it will help your situation but is worth shot if so .

Super Moderator
    We have an active mail box but have also had several packages delivered from Amazon which are couriered and so long as we are in to receive them have never had a problem except last month when one packet was delivered a day early - luckily we were in having lunch.