Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Which Size Vehicle

Florida Chatterbox

Which Size Vehicle

Hi all
    We are a group of 7 adults looking to hire a vehicle. Looking for some advice on what size to go for.
    Here's our situation.

5 of us making own way to villa from Sanford (lift arranged). It is not an option to collect the car here.
    2 of us arriving at Orlando International and collecting vehicle.

At no time will we have all the suitcases in the vehicle, it will merely be used for days out etc.
    Will a 7 seater be sufficient or should we go for an 8 seater. Having looked at some seating configurations there doesn't seem to be much in it (except the cost!), but I'm wondering if the seat sizes are more for children.

I think Alamo you get to choose your vehicle at the garage so is there a particular make/model that would suit us best.

Sorry this is a bit long winded, but would appreciate any advice.
    Karen

Dollar also allow you to choose from a line of cars (depending on what is in - so may not have much choice if they are busy)
    Gerry and Sue

There is very little difference between 7 and 8 seaters. I woukd stronlgy advise going to vehicles for flexibilty. Unless of course everyone is going to stick to the same time schedule everyday (which never works).

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    Hi all
    We are a group of 7 adults looking to hire a vehicle. Looking for some advice on what size to go for.
    Here's our situation.

5 of us making own way to villa from Sanford (lift arranged). It is not an option to collect the car here.
    2 of us arriving at Orlando International and collecting vehicle.

At no time will we have all the suitcases in the vehicle, it will merely be used for days out etc.
    Will a 7 seater be sufficient or should we go for an 8 seater. Having looked at some seating configurations there doesn't seem to be much in it (except the cost!), but I'm wondering if the seat sizes are more for children.

I think Alamo you get to choose your vehicle at the garage so is there a particular make/model that would suit us best.

Sorry this is a bit long winded, but would appreciate any advice.

Florida Chatterbox
    Unfortunately 2 cars is not an option as we only have 1 driver ☹️️
    Karen

7 adults and one driving license, give that person a big tip. If you are not trying to get 7 adults and some luggage into the vehicle at 1 time and probably go with a regular 7 seater Grand Caravan. As soon as you fill up all the seats and start adding more than 2 full-size cases you really need to step up to the 15 seater. It'll give you 2 benches for luggage. If it is just a matter of moving 7 adults around and no luggage then any 7 or 8 seater will be fine. Hopefully, you will get to choose your vehicle and pick which is best for you. Often I have found the next class up in the row I am allowed to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    Unfortunately 2 cars is not an option as we only have 1 driver ☹️️

Florida Savvy
    I would look for a Town & Country, or a Pacifica if there are any. Both are good for 7 adults.
    Scorpio