Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Airport Hotel

Florida Expert

Manchester Airport Hotel

We are travelling from Manchester airport this time instead of Gatwick, which is the nearest hotel to the airport. We usually stay at my parents house, but have decided that it would be nice to stay in a hotel the night before as we are getting the train from cardiff to manchester instead of driving.

The nearest off-site hotel is the Heald Green Premier Inn. It is literally next to Heald Green station on the Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport line, and is one stop to the airport.
    There are lots of on-site hotels at the airport but I'm afraid I don't know much about them.
    Dave.

Heald Green has an advantage over staying on-site at the airport in that we have two lovely Indian restaurants, and three nice pubs, all doing food, and a fantastic chippy amongst several other takeaways.
    Dave.

Florida Expert
    Looking for an on site airport really. Thanks.

Closest is Raddison Blue but its still a 15 minute walk via the Skywalk. All the usualls are onsite and very little between them when shuttles are involved. Personally the premier in mentioned above works real well and can save hundreds in overpriced rooms, food etc and the beds are more comfortable than the Hiltons

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Radisson Blu is the only hotel actually sited within the terminals but you will pay quite a hefty premium for that convenience. I've stayed at most of the others on the wider site and find them to be much of a muchness really. If you want to be close by then the Hilton or Crowne Plaza fit the bill and have free shuttles. The Premier Inn is farther away and has cheaper rates but you have to factor in the cost of getting to and from the terminal.

The premier inn is about 2 miles away. My daughter paid £4 for an uber so taxis shoukd be kess tgan £10. I use tgat orenier inn for bands and i believe everyone room has 2 queen beds so a goid option for families. Booked in advance ive had rooms for £35 a bargain for ckean and confirtable aiport location.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    The Radisson Blu is the only hotel actually sited within the terminals but you will pay quite a hefty premium for that convenience. I've stayed at most of the others on the wider site and find them to be much of a muchness really. If you want to be close by then the Hilton or Crowne Plaza fit the bill and have free shuttles. The Premier Inn is farther away and has cheaper rates but you have to factor in the cost of getting to and from the terminal.

I wouldn't dismiss the Premier Inn just because it is technically off-site. As Martin says, a taxi will be £4-£7 depending on operator (it is exactly 2 miles). As well as a substantial saving on room price, I cannot believe that breakfast at any other hotel around here is as good as the HG Premier Inn !

Mrs Dad's Taxi and I pop in occasionally of a morning to enjoy the amazing breakfast.

Of course if you decide to stay on-site you could always make use of the eating places in Heald Green on the evening of your stay. If you want any pointers just ask.

Oh, and the walk from the station to the hotel will be the shortest of any other walk you'll encounter!
    Last edited by Dads_Taxi; 25-10-2017 at 22:16. Reason: added more really useful info
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss the Premier Inn just because it is technically off-site. As Martin says, a taxi will be £4-£7 depending on operator (it is exactly 2 miles). As well as a substantial saving on room price, I cannot believe that breakfast at any other hotel around here is as good as the HG Premier Inn !

Mrs Dad's Taxi and I pop in occasionally of a morning to enjoy the amazing breakfast.

Of course if you decide to stay on-site you could always make use of the eating places in Heald Green on the evening of your stay. If you want any pointers just ask.

Oh, and the walk from the station to the hotel will be the shortest of any other walk you'll encounter!
    Are we all talking about the same hotel here?

I've only just realised that there could be at least 2 Premier Inns in the area and I've been talking about to what I think is referred to as Runger Lane which I have tried and wasn't hugely impressed with. I must say your review has tempted me but I want be sure I'm looking at the right property.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 26-10-2017 at 04:04.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...ald-green.html

I hope it is OK to link to this on the forum. This is the one at the end of the road (from where I'm sat), and obviously I haven't stayed there, but it is extremely close to everything you could need, including an International Airport.

The Runger Lane Premier Inn is rather isolated by comparison (and that's putting it politely)
    Dave.