Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchester Airport Hotel

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks.

As you say, you are very much in the middle of nowhere at Runger Lane (it looks there are actually 2 PI's on that road) and it was there that I stayed and was referring to. I have also found that even when you stay at the onsite hotels if you don't choose to eat within them there's not much choice without going away from the airport area.

I might well follow up on your recommendation next time around.

Florida Chatterbox
    The Clayton is on Airport and price includes the shuttles which take 2 to 5 minutes depending on termials. Also you can walk to terminals 1 & 3 in about 8 mins and 16 mins for terminal 2

https://www.claytonhotelmanchesterai...SAAEgLRZvD_BwE

We stayed at the Raddison and was very disappointed, found it rather soulless, I had to complain as the pillow was covered in blood under the pillowcase! Wouldn’t stay there again.
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Out of interest, has the new dropping off charges system affected taking taxis and shuttles to the terminals? I've been dropped off and also taken friends and relatives to the airport over the past few weeks and the new routing system does seem quite a bit different from before.

Taxis now add the drop off/pick up charge to the bill. I was dropped off by taxi at T3 on Friday and it appeared to be chaos.
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The signage is very poor to the free drop off point to the extent that on 2 occasions I have just not got there.

Call me a cynic but I am left with the impression that, far from seeking to reduce congestion around the terminals, they want as many as possible to drop off as before and at £3 a time they must be raking it in.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    The signage is very poor to the free drop off point to the extent that on 2 occasions I have just not got there.

Call me a cynic but I am left with the impression that, far from seeking to reduce congestion around the terminals, they want as many as possible to drop off as before and at £3 a time they must be raking it in.
    Manchester airport run Stansted and they have had a drop off charge for a few years which has caused chaos and raked in millions so guess we were the trial run and it has proved successful enough to introduce at Manchester.