Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Pandora -land of Avatar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Expert

Pandora -land of Avatar

Last week we went to Animal Kingdom to experience the new 'Avatar' land. I've never seen the park so crowded but it was really good. All Fastpasses were gone for the 2 new rides so we got there as it opened at 9 and immediately joined the queue at the Flight of the Banshee. We waited 2 hours 45 minutes! (when we joined the queue we knew it would be that long) by the time we came out the queue said 210 minutes. Think extreme 'Soaring'.
    Later in the day we queued for the Na'vi boat ride and waited 90 minutes for that, down from 150 minutes earlier in the day. We saw the late show of Rivers of Light and left the park when it closed at 9.30pm. A long day but worth it.

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    I am so looking forward to going to see all the new things since our last visit. Sounds like it will be worth the wait.

Rode it for the first time this week. Fabulous attraction. We too turned up first thing and the queue was too much for me. Long story but we managed to blagg our way into Fastpass later in the day. I have ti say the theming for the whole area is superb, would like to see it in the dark.

Florida Expert
    We did this ride in August (arrived early before the parked opened) and loved the ride. When we came out we couldn't believe the line or the route it took. The wait had gone up to 3 hours!! I am would not wait this long for any ride. As others have said it well worth returning after dark to see Pandora. We all really enjoyed Animal Kingdom and felt Pandora had improved value for money in this park. We did feel the evening show needed more seating as many couldn't get in to watch it.

Florida Expert
    We managed to get on it as well... queued 2 hours, we were there as the park opened. Three days earlier the queue was 4 hours... Avatar flight of Passage, was well worth it. We were lucky to have a fastpass for the Navi Boat Ride, we were glad we did, sorry I would have been very disappointed if I had queued for over 2 hours for this.

Must admit as everyone says, it is nice to see AK busy again. Hopefully Hollywood Studios will become busy again once the new areas are opened, shame to see this not busy now

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Did both Flight of Passage and The Navi Boat ride yesterday.Loved the both, however The flight of passage although really good left me feeling a bit sick so don't think I will be going on it again. The Navi boat ride was truly awesome and I can't wait o go on it again.
    Lyn

We did them both in August. We all did the boat ride - very pretty but hubby didn't think much of it and maybe not worth a very long wait. All of us did the walk though on flight of passage but only hubby did the ride - he loved it. My daughter is disabled so we had 'return times' booked so fortunately didn't have to queue as at one point it was three hours. Not sure I would want to wait for that long in the August heat for any ride !
    Gerry and Sue