Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Returning car later

Florida Chatterbox

Returning car later

Hi, please can someone advise me, this is our last day in Orlando, we had booked to drop our car off at MCO at 4.00 pm. I have been ill and our villa owner has kindly allowed us to stay in the villa until 5.00 pm this evening, our flight is not until 10.00 pm tonight. Will I be charged extra if I return the car a bit later than I had originally booked? I didn't collect the car until 8.30 pm the day we landed. I have sent an email but as it's a Saturday I'm not sure how quickly someone will respond.
    Thank you.

Administrator
    Just to let you know I have replied to your email, but will repeat it below:

I’m sorry to hear you have been ill.

The car rental companies are quite fussy when it comes to taking the car back later than booked. Typically, they will allow 30 minutes or occasionally up to an hour with no fee, but then they will charge if you are later, by the hour. It might be worth you calling them directly to see if they can do anything for you.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Rogers for your quick response, I wasn't sure of the best way of reaching you ��

Florida Chatterbox
    I just phoned Alamo and spoke to a lady there, she told me as I only picked the car up at 10.00pm I have until then to return it. We aim to get to the airport around 5.30.