Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: UK Home Insurance whilst in Florida

Florida Savvy

UK Home Insurance whilst in Florida

Good morning.

I am interested in what companies people are using to insure their UK properties if they are spending more than 2 months in Florida?
    Nearly all the companies I have looked at have a 60 max rule for empty homes.

Thanks

Do you not have any relations who can 'look in' on your house whilst you are away? - Saga insurance just specified that home had to be 'inspected' (their words) weekly to maintain insurability...

The usual get around is by having someone check on your home for you. These days I would try and document that and of course check the get around is viable with your insurers.
    Its the same with rental homes. It always used to be a 30-day limit which is why you should add your licensed MC as an agent for the property.

Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Good morning.

I am interested in what companies people are using to insure their UK properties if they are spending more than 2 months in Florida?
    Nearly all the companies I have looked at have a 60 max rule for empty homes.

Thanks

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We are insured for up to 80 days. We have to notify the insurance company when we are going to be away, have the house checked once a week and leave the heating on at 15c
    Lyn