Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Skip the Counter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alamo Skip the Counter

Anybody used this Skip the Counter service from Alamo? I have registered all my details and CC, so should be able to go straight to the rental car. Has anybody used this service, and is it really that easy?

Administrator
    Yes, it's that easy. Just go straight over to the parking lot and pick the car in the category you have booked. When you completed the online check-in you should have a confirmation that says you can skip the counter, which I'd recommend you print and take with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGEYE View Post
    Anybody used this Skip the Counter service from Alamo? I have registered all my details and CC, so should be able to go straight to the rental car. Has anybody used this service, and is it really that easy?

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Yes, it's that easy. Just go straight over to the parking lot and pick the car in the category you have booked. When you completed the online check-in you should have a confirmation that says you can skip the counter, which I'd recommend you print and take with you.
    This year we flew into Tampa airport and despite the following:- 1) everything completed upfront, online, in advance with Alamo 2) Tampa airport being on the 'skip the queue' official Alamo listing 3) Tampa airport being as quiet as a mouse - we still were not allowed to go straight to pick up a car. They said it was because we had booked via a 3rd party (ie. OV car hire) and they needed to double check everything. I didn't fancy an argument but for next time, what should/can we do Roger?

Administrator
    After you checked-in online, did the confirmation specifically say something like 'Go straight to the parking lot'?

If not, then you cannot. If it did then they should have let you.

Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    This year we flew into Tampa airport and despite the following:- 1) everything completed upfront, online, in advance with Alamo 2) Tampa airport being on the 'skip the queue' official Alamo listing 3) Tampa airport being as quiet as a mouse - we still were not allowed to go straight to pick up a car. They said it was because we had booked via a 3rd party (ie. OV car hire) and they needed to double check everything. I didn't fancy an argument but for next time, what should/can we do Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    After you checked-in online, did the confirmation specifically say something like 'Go straight to the parking lot'?

If not, then you cannot. If it did then they should have let you.
    Hi Roger, don't remember having those exact words on our confirmation but on their home page they state the following:-

When you "Skip the Counter," you don't need to visit the counter or kiosk. You can go straight to your car!
    This optional service is offered free of charge at select locations in the Online Check-In process. Check if your location qualifies for "Skip the Counter." Tampa, FL Tampa International (TPA) is one of those listed

That statement is just the explanation of the service, doesn't mean you have it. You need the confirmation that states you can actually go straight to the car. You only get this when sign up separately for it.;

Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    Hi Roger, don't remember having those exact words on our confirmation but on their home page they state the following:-

When you "Skip the Counter," you don't need to visit the counter or kiosk. You can go straight to your car!
    This optional service is offered free of charge at select locations in the Online Check-In process. Check if your location qualifies for "Skip the Counter." Tampa, FL Tampa International (TPA) is one of those listed

Thanks.

Florida Junior
    I have just gone through the online check-in with Alamo at Tampa and there is no mention on the paperwork of 'skip the counter' so wonder why it is a on the list of airports.

It is a very tricky check in form anyway as some of the dates are in the American style and some in the British style.

I did 2 rentals in the last week and it was the first time I have used the online check in. To be honest I thought it was very simple and quick - the date format is pointed out (MM DD or DD MM). I picked up at Disney and MCO, just went straight to the car and that was it. Real bonus avoiding the queue. When you check in online you will end up with a sheet to print out that contains the rental info and a long bar rental the top. Be aware that the sheet disappears after you close it down. So if you have not printed it you will need to register again (as I did the first time around). So be prepared to print before opening the document.

Quote Originally Posted by Markerhouse View Post
    I have just gone through the online check-in with Alamo at Tampa and there is no mention on the paperwork of 'skip the counter' so wonder why it is a on the list of airports.

It is a very tricky check in form anyway as some of the dates are in the American style and some in the British style.

Florida Junior
    I have printed out the three pages of the check-in and there is no barcode to be seen.