Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alamo Skip the Counter

Maybe it is due to a different location. I got the option to print or email the doc for print. I went for the email option. In that was a link that opened up a single page document. If I still have it ill post a pic. Noone scanned the barcode. I just jumped in the vehicle and had my paperwork check at the exit gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Markerhouse View Post
    I have printed out the three pages of the check-in and there is no barcode to be seen.

Florida Junior
    Have tackled Alamo on the 'straight to garage' situation at Tampa and their response is:-

I fully understand wanting to make sure everything is in order for your booking prior to arrival. You are able to use the self service kiosks at the Tampa airport, however the booking was prepaid and this negates the ability to go straight to the rental car facility as mentioned in the Skip the Counter requirements.

Quite what pre-payment has to do with the situation I have no idea.

Florida Savvy
    I am flying into Tampa on Tuesday and have the long bar code on the top of my check in documents (as I always have had in the past). Three times last winter they did not allow straight to garage. I was told then it was to prevent a long queue at the barrier. Despite there being only a couple of people in the garage.
    To be honest it was more the 'way' we were spoken to that I objected to, than the actual having to go to the counter, so they can try to sell you something you don't want/need!

Florida Junior
    It's all a mystery to me; I'll use the machines, have never been able to do that before as my reservations have always been over the 30 day limit; this time it is less than 30 days - so machines it will be; I can't be doing with the hassle at the counter.

In May I checked in on line at home, once landed in Tampa I went straight into the garage picked a car and everything got sorted at the barrier.

Dave