Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luggage delivery

Luggage delivery

There are quite a few businesses offering a luggage delivery service. They supposedly pick up your bags a few days before you travel and take them to your destination, ready for you when you arrive.

The idea appeals to me and I was wondering if anyone has used such a service. I've found a few online and the cost varies quite a bit, but it looks like I can get a standard suitcase to the US for about £100.

It would obviously be a disaster if the bags disappeared or arrived late, but I would be interested if anyone has had experience of it and can give a recommendation for a particular company. Also, for villa owners, would it be a problem to request a bag to be delivered before arrival to the management company offices and they could leave it in the villa for our arrival?
    Tonish

Over the last couple of years, I have shipped quite a few guitars, cases and suitcases around the world. I have not used any of the 'new' dedicated services as couriers have always worked out cheaper for insured delivery.
    Last edited by florida4sun; 03-08-2017 at 15:38.

wrpac00
    I am probably missing the point here but why would anyone want todo this?

It does make the journey so much easier. Case in point Had to arrange for 6 flights from USA to Hawaii - 9 heavy suitcases 6 guitars, and 2 decent sized flight cases. Using a courier had was around $300 cheaper than the airline and it was all waiting on arrival at the destination hotel. It saved on local transport to and from the hotel too. Made the journey a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by wrpac00 View Post
    I am probably missing the point here but why would anyone want to do this?

wrpac00
    So not for the normal traveller then!!!

I must admit a few times we've flown back from the US with WAY too much luggage and I'm quite relieved when they tell me it's not made it onto the flight and they'll deliver it to us later in the day - it's so lovely walking out of the airport with hand luggage only!!
    Caroline & Dave

I am probably missing the point here but why would anyone want todo this?
    Just the reduction of the hassle factor. It would just make the trip more enjoyable - bags are a nuisance.
    Tonish

I would say so. It's less than 2 cases each and a carry-on. Hardly pushing the limit is it? The trip goes way better when not hauling luggage around. It's not for you and that's fine but the services do work and it is less hassle than dragging your luggage to and from the airport.

So not for the normal traveller then!!!
    Last edited by florida4sun; 07-08-2017 at 17:50.

wrpac00
    I am confused again!!!! It doesn't cost me anything taking my luggage to and from the airport!!!

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    I would say so. It's less than 2 cases each and a carry on. Hardly pushing the limits is it. The trip gies way better when not hauling luggage around. Its not for you thats fine but the services do work and can be cheaper than dragging your luggage to and from the airport.

I am confused again!!!! It doesn't cost me anything taking my luggage to and from the airport!!!
    Some airlines do charge per case.
    Gerry and Sue